Nysted Wind Farm
|Nysted Wind Farm|
|Location||South of Lolland|
|Construction cost||about EUR 600 million|
|Owner(s)||Dong Energy, PensionDanmark|
|Units operational||162 × 2.3 MW (Siemens)|
|Make and model||Siemens Wind Power|
|Nameplate capacity||166 MW (Rødsand I)
207 MW (Rødsand II)
|Average generation||1,370 GW·h|
Rødsand I was built in 2003, with 72 turbines and a total capacity of 166 MW, and was the largest in the world until 2007. Annual production is some 570 GW·h, the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 140,000 Danish homes, which could save 500,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions. Turbines were installed by A2SEA. It receives 45 øre per kW·h for the first 42,000 full-load hours, which is about 11 years.
In September 2010, DONG bought E.ON's 20% share and sold half of the entire project to pension fund PensionDanmark for 700 million kroner (€94 million / US$120 million) — almost half the DKK1,600 million cost. Stadtwerke Lübeck also owns a share.
In 2010, a 207 MW extension of the existing wind farm was installed by E.ON at a stated cost of EUR450m and a power purchase agreement at DKK 0.629 per kW·h (US$0.12/kW·h). It was originally scheduled to be completed in 2011, but installation happened faster than projected, and on 15 July 2010, E.ON reported that all turbines had been installed and the majority were supplying power to the Danish grid. On 3 August, E.ON reported that the wind farm was ready and went into operation, three months ahead of schedule. Rødsand 2 was inaugurated on 12 October.
In November 2013, local power company SEAS-NVE bought 80% of Rødsand 2 for a price of DKK 2.8 billion and thus valuating the wind farm at DKK 3.5 billion.
- Wind power in Denmark
- List of offshore wind farms in Denmark
- List of wind farms
- List of offshore wind farms
- List of offshore wind farms in the Baltic Sea
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nysted Wind Farm.|
- Wittrup, Sanne. Pension fund becomes wind farm owner (in Danish) Ingeniøren, 9 September 2010. Retrieved: 17 April 2011.
- "Rødsand 2 wind farm online". The Copenhagen Post. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- Rødsand 1 4C . Retrieved: 31 July 2010.
- Sanne Wittrup. "Havvindmøller i Nysted lammet af transformerhavari" (in Danish) Ingeniøren, 31 July 2007. Accessed: 13 December 2013.
- "A2SEA presentation" (PDF). A2SEA. Export Promotion Denmark. 2005-04-12. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Sanne Wittrup. "Østersø-havmøllepark har leveret varen i ti år" (in Danish) Ingeniøren, 13 December 2013. Accessed: 13 December 2013.
- Rødsand 2 4C . Retrieved: 31 July 2010.
- Pia C. Jensen & Steen Hartvig Jacobsen. "Wind turbines in Denmark", page 26. Danish Energy Agency, November 2009. Accessed: 4 September 2013.
- Rødsand II Wind Farm, Denmark
- Rødsand 2 to finish ahead of schedule Maritime Danmark, 18 June 2010. Retrieved: 19 June 2010.
- E.ON completes turbine installation at Roedsand windfarm Offshore Shipping Online, 15 July 2010. Retrieved: 31 July 2010.
- Vindkraftparken Rødsand 2 er nu klar (Wind farm Rødsand 2 is now ready) Press release in Danish, 3 August 2010. Retrieved: 13 September 2010.
- Wittrup, Sanne. "Lokalt elselskab køber Rødsand havmøllepark i historisk milliardhandel" (in Danish) Ingeniøren, 13 November 2013. Accessed: 13 November 2013.