|Standard drinkware||Irish coffee mug|
|Commonly used ingredients||
|Preparation||Flambée brandy and sugar in Rüdesheimer cup to dissolve sugar. Add hot coffee and top with whipped cream; garnish.|
Asbach Uralt brandy and sugar cubes are added to a cup. In Rüdesheim, a cup that is specially designed for this beverage is used. The brandy is flambéed and stirred for a minute until the sugar dissolves. Strong coffee is added, followed by a topping of thickly whipped cream sweetened with vanilla sugar. Chocolate flakes are scattered onto the cream as a garnish.
|1. Cup of Rüdesheimer Kaffee|
|2. Preparing to flambée the brandy|
|3. A Rüdesheimer Kaffee cup|
- Rüdesheimer Kaffee Ruedesheim.de. Retrieved: 2012-11-20.
- Nadia Hassani: Spoonfuls of Germany. Culinary delights of the German region in 170 recipes. Hippocrene Books, New York NY 2004, p. 188. ISBN 0-7818-1057-4.
- Rüdesheim Coffee Asbach.de. Retrieved: 2012-11-20.
- Cruising the Rhine Travels and Traditions, 2008.
- Rüdesheimer kaffee (German)