Rüdiger Grube (born 2 August 1951) is the current vice president of Hyundai Motor Company, the current chairman of the board of Deutsche Bahn and was the Chairman of EADS between April 2007 and April 2009.
Grube was born in Hamburg in 1951. After technical training in metal aircraft construction, he went on to study automotive engineering and aircraft construction at the University of Applied Sciences in Hamburg, graduating as a qualified engineer. He studied vocational and business teaching there also at a later date. Between 1981 and 1986, he taught in production and engineering at the university, before completing a doctorate in industrial science and polytechnology.
Grube started his career in 1989 at Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm and went on to work in a number of posts at DaimlerBenz including senior vice president and head of corporate strategy. He also worked for DaimlerChrysler.
On April 25, 2009, Grube signed a five-year contract to become CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG, starting from May 1st 2009. The company at the time had been hit very hard by the recession and was facing questions over some of its technology-based decisions. Grube announced cuts at the firm. In January 2017, Grube stepped down over disagreements concerning the extension of his contract which would have expired at the end of the year. CFO Richard Lutz became acting CEO.
From his first marriage Grube has a son and a daughter. On the 8. August 2015 he married Cornelia Poletto (born 1971). Minister for Foreign Affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier was best man.
- "Dr. Rüdiger Grube, Chairman and CEO of DB AG". Deutsche Bahn AG. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Daimler-Strategiechef ersetzt Bischoff bei EADS". Handelsblatt GmbH. 5 April 2007. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Rudiger Grube". EuropeanCEO.com. 22 September 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Rudiger Grube Executive Profile". Business Week. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Ruediger Grube installed as Deutsche Bahn CEO". Business Week. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rüdiger Grube.|
- Dr. Rüdiger Grube, Chairman and CEO of DB AG. Deutsche Bahn corporate website.
|CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG
2009 – 2017
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|