|Full name||Royal Excelsior Mouscron|
|Nickname(s)||Les Hurlus, Les Frontaliers|
|Founded||1922 (Stade Mouscron, ARA Mouscron)
1 July 1964
(merge and registration)
|Dissolved||28 December 2009|
R.E. Mouscron was a Belgian association football club from the municipality of Mouscron, Hainaut. In December 2009 they were declared bankrupt and soon ceased to exist. A new club known as Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz was formed in March 2010 and placed in the Belgian Third Division.
The club was the result of the merger between Stade Mouscron and A.R.A. Mouscron in 1964.
R.E. Mouscron had financial problems during the 2004–05 season and so the president and mayor of Mouscron Jean-Pierre Detremmerie left the club and was replaced by Edward Van Daele. The players with the higher wages were asked to leave the club, as did Marcin Żewłakow, Franky Vandendriessche, Geoffrey Claeys, Koen De Vleeschauwer and Alexandre Teklak.
On 28 December 2009, Mouscron announced its third forfeit in a row because of enduring financial problems, and was thus, according to Belgian league rules, excluded from competition, with all its previous results in the ongoing competition being scrapped. The club in its current form ceased to exist, with all its players (and staff) becoming free agents.
- Belgian Second Division:
- Runners-up (1): 1993–94
- Belgian Second Division Final Round:
- Winners (1): 1996
- Belgian Cup:
- Runners-up (2): 2001–02, 2005–06
- As of December 2008.
|1997–98||UEFA Cup||2QR||Apollon Limassol||3–0||0–0|
|2002–03||UEFA Cup||QUAL||Fylkir Reykjavik||3–1||1–1|
- 1990–1995 : André Van Maldeghem
- 1995–1996 : Georges Leekens
- 1996–1997 : Georges Leekens, Gil Vandenbrouck
- 1997–2002 : Hugo Broos
- 2002–2003 : Lorenzo Staelens
- 2003–2004 : Georges Leekens
- 2004–2005 : Philippe Saint-Jean, Geert Broeckaert
- 2005–2006 : Geert Broeckaert, Paul Put, Gil Vandenbrouck
- 2006–2007 : Gil Vandenbrouck
- 2007-12/2008 : Marc Brys
- 12/2007-06/2009: Enzo Scifo
- "Man City seek to rescue Excelsior Mouscron". tribalfootball.com. 1 December 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2009.