R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian
|R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian|
The English-language cover as published by Tokyopop in North America on September 5, 2006
|Written by||Mitsukazu Mihara|
|Published by||Asuka Shinsha|
R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian is a manga written and illustrated by Mitsukazu Mihara.
One reviewer described the manga as "[a]n excellent choice for fans of Mihara or Ai Yazawa or for manga/goth fans who want their religion thoughtful and though provoking" and commented that Mihara "tackles both suicide and religion with humor, sensitivity, and love." Connie of Slightly Biased Manga enjoyed the "funnier moments" of it and noted "plenty of dark and brooding from the Undertaker to make this one-shot gothic enough for those looking for something dark". Anime News Network's Melissa Harper praised the "[b]eautiful costumes and hairstyles" of the characters, but disliked the "thin story and an unlikeable main character". Mania Entertainment's Jarred Pine wrote:"With R.I.P., Mihara sets up yet another interesting premise for exploring issues with the dead and the complex, emotional ties between the afterlife and the living, but ultimately the story never cuts deeply enough due to compressed nature."
- "R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- "Mitsukazu Mihara Titles Confirmed at Tokyopop". Anime News Network. July 26, 2005. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- "Mitsukazu Mihara: R.I.P. Requiem In Phonybrian". Amazon.com. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Snow. "R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian". No Flying No Tights. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Connie (January 4, 2008). "R.I.P.: Requiem in Phonybrian". Slightly Biased Manga. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Harper, Melissa (December 27, 2006). "R.I.P. - Requiem in Phonybrian Review". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Pine, Jarred (November 17, 2006). "R.I.P. - Requiem in Phonybrian Vol. #01". Mania Entertainment. Retrieved May 15, 2010.