This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
R. Ajay Gnanamuthu
15 September 1988
|Education||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Occupation(s)||Film Director, Screenwriter|
|Known for||Demonte Colony|
R. Ajay Gnanamuthu (born 15 September 1988) is an Indian film director and screenwriter works primarily in Tamil cinema. He started his career assisting producer-filmmaker A. R. Murugadoss in the films 7aum Arivu and Thuppakki. In 2015, he debuted as director with the horror-thriller film Demonte Colony. His second fim was Imaikkaa Nodigal.
Gnanamuthu completed his schooling at St. John's High School and St. Patrick's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and later joined Loyola College. During his college days as a student of the visual communications department, he enjoyed making short films.
Gnanamuthu was selected to contest in the short film making show, Naalaya Iyakunar Season-1 in 2010 where he finished as one of the finalists. He then joined filmmaker A. R. Murugadoss as an assistant director, and worked in films such as 7aum Arivu (2011) and Thuppakki (2012).
|TBA||Demonte Colony 2||Yes||Yes|
- "R. Ajay Gnanamuthu". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 15 February 2019.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir (23 May 2015). "Demonte Colony: Much promise". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Young super hit director says no to 'Thalapathy 65' - Tamil News". 18 March 2020.
- "Demonte Colony is a gripping tale of horror". Rediff. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Unadulterated Horror will surely spook you out". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Arulnithi in horror film 'Demonte Colony'". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "'Demonte Colony': Strong foundation with brilliant technical execution". Deccan Chronicle. 23 May 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2015.