R. Ajay Gnanamuthu
This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
R. Ajay Gnanamuthu
|Born||15 September 1988|
Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Film Director, Screenwriter|
|Known for||Demonte Colony|
R Ajay Gnanamuthu is an Indian film director and screenwriter working primarily in Tamil cinema. He started his career assisting producer-filmmaker A. R. Murugadoss in the films 7aum Arivu and Thuppakki. In 2015, he debuted as director with the horror-thriller film Demonte Colony,  which was received well by critics and the audience. It was declared a super hit at the box office. His second outing, Imaikkaa Nodigal, became a success.
Ajay completed his schooling at St. John's High School and St. Patrick's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and later joined Loyola College. During his college days as a student of the visual communications department, he enjoyed making short films. He also completed a Digital Filmmaking Diploma in SAE Institute, Chennai simultaneously.
Ajay was selected to contest in the short film making show, Naalaya Iyakunar Season-1 in 2010 where he finished as one of the finalists. He then joined filmmaker A. R. Murugadoss as an assistant director, and worked in films such as 7aum Arivu (2011) and Thuppakki (2012).
- Srinivasan, Sudhir (23 May 2015). "Demonte Colony: Much promise". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Young super hit director says no to 'Thalapathy 65' - Tamil News". 18 March 2020.
- "Demonte Colony is a gripping tale of horror". Rediff. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Unadulterated Horror will surely spook you out". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Arulnithi in horror film 'Demonte Colony'". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "'Demonte Colony': Strong foundation with brilliant technical execution". Deccan Chronicle. 23 May 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2015.