R. Brooke Jackson
R. Brooke Jackson
|Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Colorado|
|Assumed office |
September 1, 2011
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Phillip S. Figa|
Richard Brooke Jackson
March 5, 1947
|Education||Dartmouth College (A.B.)|
Harvard Law School (J.D.)
Richard Brooke Jackson (born March 5, 1947) known professionally as R. Brooke Jackson, is a United States District Judge serving on the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. Jackson formerly had served as a Colorado state judge.
Early life and education
Jackson spent 26 years with the law firm Holland & Hart, including as an associate from 1972 until 1978, and as a partner from 1978 until 1998. Jackson was appointed to the state bench in 1998, and in 2003 was named Chief Judge for Colorado's First Judicial District, which covers Jefferson County, Colorado and Gilpin County, Colorado.
Federal judicial service
On September 29, 2010, President Obama nominated Jackson to a judicial seat on the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, to fill the vacancy created by the death of Judge Phillip S. Figa. Jackson's nomination lapsed at the end of 2010. President Obama renominated him on January 5, 2011. The United States Senate confirmed him by unanimous consent on August 2, 2011. He received his judicial commission on September 1, 2011.
- MyLife.com profile
- "Jackson, Richard Brooke – Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- The White House: Office of the Press Secretary (September 29, 2010). "President Obama Names Two to the United States District Court". whitehouse.gov. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- The White House: Office of the Press Secretary (September 29, 2010). "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10". whitehouse.gov. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- R. Brooke Jackson at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
- R. Brooke Jackson at Ballotpedia
- R. Brooke Jackson District of Colorado
Phillip S. Figa
| Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Colorado