R. I. S. – Die Sprache der Toten
|R. I. S. - Die Sprache der Toten|
|Created by||Georg Kemter|
|Opening theme||"It's No Good" by
|Country of origin||Germany|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||25 (list of episodes)|
|Original release||25 March2007 – 7 February 2008|
R. I. S. – Die Sprache der Toten is a German television series broadcast by Sat.1 since 2007. The R. I. S. in the title is an acronym for Rechtsmedizinische Investigative Sonderkommission, referring to the fictional police investigation unit that is the focus of the series. The series, a crime drama, is a remake of an Italian television series entitled RIS Delitti Imperfetti.
The first season ended on 10 June 2007. The second and final season  with another 13 episodes began airing 15 November 2007.
R. I. S. – Die Sprache der Toten is the second spin-off series of RIS Delitti Imperfetti. The Series follows the team of experts in Berlin who are trying to solve the crime with the help of evidence. The head of the R.I.S team is Philip Jacobi.
|Philip Jacobi||Julian Weingend||Main|
|Marie Severin||Jana Klinge||Main|
|Timo Braun||Tillbert Strahl-Schäfer||Main|
|Judith Karimi||Proschat Madani||Main|
|Paul Schreider||Hansa Czypionka||Main|
|dr. Stefani Peters||Nicole Marischka||Main|
|Katja Fried||Catherine Bode||Main|
|Benno Wilms||Dejan Petković||Main|
|Marcus Heuser||Mathis Künzler||Main|
- Philip Jacobi (Julian Weigend) - The head of the plan of the molecular geneticist exudes a natural authority and expect top performance from its employees. Philip only survived almost in its working environment, since his wife Jeanette, an archaeologist, with a return flight from one of her expeditions died in the explosion of a bomb on the plane.
- Marie Severin (Jana Klinge) - Biologist and computer scientist and thus a specialist in everything that has anything to do with computers. She is new to the team and has yet to prove. For men, there seems to be no place in their lives, because they can bounce off any overtures in. This is due to a two-years earlier rape, of which only Philip Jacobi knows to whom she is attracted from the beginning.
- Timo Braun (Tillbert Strahl-Schäfer) - The ballistics of the team, is a womanizer. Still, he knows how to set his priorities and his job he always professional bands to attach the proper importance.
- Judith Karimi (Proschat Madani) - Chemist, is an unconditional perfectionist since childhood. Accordingly, it also attracted school and study through in record time. Between their colleagues, who are also the best in their respective subject area, she feels comfortable, although these have to suffer a bit sometimes under their boundless zeal.
- Paul Schneider (Hansa Czypionka) - He is a legend in his field and started basic standard works. The biologist and molecular geneticist joined the police after his daughter was killed by a road hog and since then is in a wheelchair. The culprit was never caught.
- Dr. Stefanie Peters (Nicole Marischka) - She is the Medical Examiner of the crack you always. with humor and diligence in the matter Sometimes they need help, which is raising their child at home next to the profession and her husband.
- Katja Fried (Catherine Bode) - She comes from difficult social backgrounds. Backpressure and ridicule from the outside, they put her desire to become a police officer, by. This uncompromising approach distinguishes their work from today.
- Benno Wilms (Denis Petković) - He is the direct connection of the R. I. S. for criminal investigation.
- Marcus Heuser (Mathis Künzler) - He is crime tehnician and anti-teroristic specialist in the team. He left R.I.S at the end of the season 1.
|Series premiere||Series finale|
|1||12||25 March 2007||10 June 2007|
|2||13||15 November 2007||7 February 2008|
- R.I.S, police scientifique, the French remake of RIS Delitti Imperfetti
- List of R. I. S. - Die Sprache der Toten episodes
- RIS Delitti Imperfetti, the original Italian version
- Entscheidung gefallen: Keine weitere neue Staffel von "R.I.S.". 6 December 2007.