Robert James "Sam" Berry FRSE FSB (born 26 October 1934) is a British geneticist, naturalist and Christian. He was professor of genetics at University College London between 1974-2000. He was president from 1983 to 1986 of the Linnean Society, the British Ecological Society and the European Ecological Federation. A Christian, Berry has spoken out in favour of evolutionary creationism, and served as a lay member of the Church of England's General Synod and president of Christians in Science. He gave the 1997–98 Glasgow Gifford Lectures entitled Gods, Genes, Greens and Everything.
- Inheritance and Natural History. New Naturalist series no. 61 (1977)
- The Natural History of Shetland. New Naturalist series no. 64 (1980)
- The Natural History of Orkney. New Naturalist series no. 70 (1985)
- Genes in Ecology (ed. R.J. Berry, T.J. Crawford, G.M. Hewitt, N.R. Webb) (1992) ISBN 0-521-54936-1
- Islands. New Naturalist series no. 109 (2009) ISBN 978-0-00-726737-8