R. K. Suresh
|Occupation||Film Producer, actor|
R. K. Suresh is an Indian Tamil film producer and actor who heads the production company, Studio 9. In 2015, Suresh debuted as an actor, working in Bala's Tharai Thappattai and M. Muthaiah's Marudhu, winning critical accolades for his performance in both
Suresh, the son of Dr R Kalanjiam — the producer of the Murali-starrer Poo Vaasam (1999), wanted to be a part of the film industry after being told he had the looks of an actor by director Samuthirakani at a gymnasium. He subsequently began looking for acting opportunities and approached several producers to no avail. He was offered a role as an extra in Pudhupettai (2006), but his father made him return the advance after being unimpressed about the stature of the role. Suresh then began a film distribution company and succeeded by distributing films such as Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (2012), Soodhu Kavvum (2013) and Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (2013), before first working as a producer with Salim (2014).
In November 2014, Suresh was involved in a legal dispute with actor Vijay Sethupathi, who kept delaying the start of Suresh's production Vasantha Kumaran. He posted a message in social media that he quit the film industry and stated that Studio 9's ongoing projects would be shelved. Suresh blamed Vijay Sethupathi's failure to allot dates for Vasantha Kumaran as the primary reason behind their financial problems and sought legal action against the actor. The actor clarified that he had informed everything about the issue to the actors’ association and was waiting for an official press release jointly from the producer and South Indian Film Artistes’ association. Responding to the allegations, in a statement, Vijay Sethupathi said that Suresh was trying to make the film without sorting out funding. He added that Suresh had indulged in several activities that were wrong and used a lot of bad language, and refused to accept his withdrawal notice. The pair later amicably sorted out differences and announced another film during the following year, Dharma Durai (2016) which went on to be a profitable venture financially and critically.
Suresh later signed on to appear as an actor in Bala's Tharai Thappattai, for which he received critical acclaim, and then in Muthiah's Marudhu, portraying the antagonist. The success of the films prompted him to decide to star as a protagonist and announced several films as such as Thani Mugam, Billa Pandi, Vettai Naai and Vargam where he plays opposite Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, where he would portray the lead role. Also he has signed for a role in Vikram's Sketch. In June 2017, he has signed a new project titled Thennattan, which is based on farmers and jallikattu and directed by M. Vijay Pandi. In the biopic film Traffic Ramasamy, he is playing the friend of Veteran Director S. A. Chandrasekhar 
R K. Suresh's nephew Roshan will be making his debut as actor with Champion directed by Suseenthiran. He was married to his college friend for several years. They had some issues, and he was engaged to be married to Sumangali serial actress Divya however they couple split due to differences. He is supporting many social activities along with Devar Community,MNM and NTK Parties. 
|Dharma Durai||Cameo appearance|
|2017||Hara Hara Mahadevaki||Inspector|
|Ippadai Vellum||ACP Dheena Sebastian|
|Shikkari Shambhu||Circus man||Malayalam film|
|Billa Pandi||Billa Pandi|
- Under Studio 9 Productions throughout Tamil Nadu
- Saattai (2012)
- Heroine (Hindi) (2012)
- Aiyyaa (Hindi) (2012)
- Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (2012)
- Kozhi Koovuthu (2012)
- Masani (2013)
- Paradesi (2013)
- Soodhu Kavvum (2013)
- Thanga Meenkal (2013)
- Summa Nachunu Irukku (2013)
- 6 (2013)
- Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (2013)
- Madha Yaanai Koottam (2013)
- Ninaithathu Yaaro (2014)
[Ettuthikkum Madhayaanai]] (2015)*[
- "Vishal chooses RK Suresh as villain in 'Maruthu'!". sify.com. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- IANS. "Producer R. K. Suresh is villain in Marudhu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "IndiaGlitz — We quit because of Vijay Sethupathy Studio 9 - Tamil Movie News". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Vijay Sethupathy clarifies on 'Vasantha Kumaran' issue". Indiaglitz. 3 November 2014.
- "Vijay Sethupathi ready to return advance". The Times of India. 14 November 2014.
- "Vijay Sethupathi Threatens Legal Action against Producer Over Ad with His Images". The New Indian Express. 13 November 2014.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir. "'I'm a Bala veriyan'". thehindu.com. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "RK Suresh has got his hands full". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 2017-06-18. Retrieved 2017-06-20.