Ralph Lane Polk
Ralph Lane Polk (1849 – 1923) was an American compiler of facts and publisher of directories. Born in Bellefontaine, Ohio, Polk was educated at the Pennington School, New Jersey. He became a successful Detroit publisher and president of R.L. Polk & Co. He belonged to the Association of North American Directory Publishers. His son, Ralph Lane Polk Jr. (born 1911), was a later president of the company which still exists in 2013.
- Herringshaw, T. W., Herringshaw's national library of American biography, 1909-1914
- Albert Nelson Marquis (1914), The Book of Detroiters, Chicago: A. N. Marquis & Company
- Livingstone's History of the Republican Party. 1900.
- Who's Who in the Midwest, 6th ed., 1958
- "R.L. Polk & Co. (POLL)". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 5, 2013.
|This biography of an American publisher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1840s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|