R. N. Malhotra
Ram Narain Malhotra popularly known as R. N. Malhotra (born 1926; died 29 April 1997) was the seventeenth governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), serving from 4 February 1985 to 22 December 1990.
Malhotra was a member of the Indian Administrative Service. He had served as Secretary, Finance, and as India's Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund before his appointment as governor of the RBI. During his tenure, the 500-rupee note was introduced. He signed the 8hq A 50 rupees note 1986. In 1990 he was the recipient of the Padma Bhushan award.
His wife Anna Rajam Malhotra was the first woman member of the Indian Administrative Service.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2014)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs (India). 21 May 2014. pp. 94–117. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- R N Malhotra Press Institute of India, 1997
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 31 December 2003. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "List of Governors". Reserve Bank of India. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- Jain, Manik (2004). 2004 Phila India Paper Money Guide Book. Kolkata: Philatelia. p. 69.
|This biography of an Indian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|