R. P. N. Singh
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh|
|Former Minister of State|
25 April 1964|
New Delhi, India
|Residence||Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Alma mater||The Doon School|
Kunwar Ratanjit Pratap Narain Singh (born 25 April 1964, Delhi), popularly known as Raja Saheb of Padrauna, is an Indian politician and former Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs. He was a MP from Kushinagar constituency in 15th Lok Sabha. For the 16th Lok Sabha election even though substantial increase of vote he lost to Rajesh Pandey (BJP). Recently[when?] Singh was chosen for AICC in charge of Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh.
Singh hails from a Sainthwar Kshatriya family of Kushinagar (Padrauna), Uttar Pradesh and attended The Doon School. In May 2014, he became the president of Doon's alumni body The Doon School Old Boys' Society.
He was married on 7 December 2002 to Sonia Singh (prominent anchor and editorial director at NDTV), and has three daughters. He currently resides in the Palace, Padrauna Distt, Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father Late Kunwar C.P.N. Singh was also MP of Kushinagar (then Hata). His father was Minister of state for Defence in Indira Gandhi cabinet in 1980.
Kunwar R.P.N. Singh was also former MLA from the seat of Padrauna until he was elected for Loksabha.
- M.L.A. (Uttar Pradesh), 1996-2009
- President, Uttar Pradesh Youth Congress, 1997-1999
- Secretary, AICC, 2003-2006
- Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from the Padrauna constituency, 2009
- Union Minister of State, Road, Transport and Highways, 2009-2011
- Union Minister of State, Petroleum and Natural Gas and Corporate Affairs, 2011-2013
- Secretary, Sri Aurobindo Society Centre (Padrauna)
- Secretary, Udit Narain Degree College
- Secretary, Udit Narain Inter College
- Secretary, Udit Narain Trust
- Union Minister of state for Home Affairs 2013-2014
- President, The Doon School Old Boys' Society, 2014–present
- Winner, Duke of Edinburgh Award (Gold)
- Indianexpress.com : comments : Doon squad Archived 28 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Meat exporter Qureshi quits Doon School alumni body | The Indian Express
- "Nervous moments for freshers at oath-taking ceremony". Indian Express. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Massive road communication programme proposed: Minister". Daily News & Analysis. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Cabinet reshuffle: Congress chooses tokenism over efficiency". First Post (India). 28 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.