R. Zamora Linmark
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (August 2009)|
|R. Zamora Linmark|
|Notable works||Rolling the R’s - Novel
Prime Time Apparitions - Poetry
The Evolution of a Sigh - Poetry
R. Zamora Linmark, born in Manila, is a Filipino American poet, novelist, and playwright. He is educated in Honolulu, and,he has lived in Madrid and Tokyo. The recipient of a U.S.-Japan Friendship Commission and NEA fellowships and twice from the Fulbright Foundation, he has taught, as a Distinguished Visiting Professor in Creative Writing, at the University of Hawaii and University of Miami.
His first, a novel, Rolling the R's was released by Kaya Press in 1995. Linmark then went on to adapt it for the stage, receiving a world premiere production from Kumu Kahua in 2008.
Hanging Loose Press published two of Linmark's poetry collections: Prime Time Apparitions (2005) and The Evolution of a Sigh (2008). Of his first collection of poems, Prime Time Apparitions, poet Mark Doty wrote: "...witty and disenchanted, sexy and touched, jangled with longing and the crazed changes the wild new world works." Both of his collections of poetry are available from Hanging Loose Press.
He currently divides his time between Manila and Honolulu.
- Rolling the R's. Kaya Press (1995)
- Prime Time Apparitions. Hanging Loose Press (2005)
- The Evolution of a Sigh. Hanging Loose Press (2008)
- Leche. Coffee House Press (2011).
- Leche A Novel by R. Zamora Linmark. The Stonybrook Website", retrieved 16 October 2011
- Admin (2008-07-18). Small Press Spotlight: R. Zamora Linmark. The Book Critics Website", retrieved 16 October 2011
- Archive "L" - "P". Hanging Loose Press", retrieved 16 July 2009
- Evolution of a Sigh. Hanging Loose Press: Brooklyn, NY 2008.