RAAF Overseas Headquarters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|RAAF Overseas Headquarters|
|Branch||Royal Australian Air Force|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Richard Williams (1941–1942)
Frank McNamara (1942)
Henry Wrigley (1942–1946)
Allan Walters (1951–1952)
Bill Garing (1953)
Alan Charlesworth (1954–1955)
RAAF Overseas HQ was formed on 1 December 1941 to oversee the welfare of RAAF personnel posted to:
- the so-called "Article XV squadrons";
- other RAAF units serving in Europe and the Mediterranean and;
- RAAF personnel attached to units of the RAF and other British Commonwealth air forces.
- "RAAF Overseas Headquarters opened in London". History Record Timeline. RAAF Air Power Development Centre. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- Ashworth (1999), p. 254
- Ashworth, Norman (1999). How Not To Run An Air Force! The Higher Command of the Royal Australian Air Force During the Second World War. Australia: Royal Australian Air Force Air Power Development Centre. ISBN 0-642-26550-X.
- Herington, John (1954). Australia in the War of 1939–1945: Series Three (Air) Volume III – Air War Against Germany and Italy 1939–1943. Canberra: Australian War Memorial. OCLC 3633363.