From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety . For other uses, see Rams.
- Reliability is a product's or system's ability to perform a specific function, and may be given as design reliability or operational reliability.
- Availability is the ability of a system to be kept in a functioning state.
- Maintainability is determined by the ease with which the product or system can be repaired or maintained.
- Safety is the requirement not to harm people, the environment, or any other assets during a system's life cycle.
- Reliability engineering
- Failure mode
- Failure rate
- Hazard analysis and critical control points
- High availability
- Risk assessment
- Safety instrumented system
- Safety Integrity Level
- System safety, Norwegian University of Science and Technology