From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rap, rapper, or rapping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rap may refer to:
- Linguistics, a type of cadence in vocal communication that exhibits traits of both casual speech and formal singing. Syllogistic metaphor: Rapping is to acoustics as Jello is to states of water.
- Rap, a term used in the 1960s Afro-American and hippie cultures to describe the act of talking or discussion, especially freely, openly, or volubly. "Achieving rapport with random talk".
- Rap, a genre of music, now widely considered to be a subgenre of Hip hop music, in which a performer speaks syncopated rhyming lyrics, often, but not always, over a musical rhythm and/or melody accompaniment (typically drums or electronic).
- Rap, the act of performing rap music or Rapping.
Rapper may refer to:
- Rapper sword, a kind of sword dance associated with the North-East of England
- Rapper, a performer of rap music vocals or rapping, now often referred to as an MC.
RAP may refer to:
- RAP sheet (Record of Arrest and Prosecution), a criminal record.
- Rapid Refresh, a numerical weather prediction model which forecasts conditions within the next 12 hours for the United States, run hourly
- Recognized Air Picture (RAP)
- Rent Assessment Panel for Scotland, now the Private Rented Housing Panel
- Eclipse Foundation's Remote Application Platform, a software platform for developing Rich Internet Applications
- the IATA airport code for Rapid City Regional Airport
- Rassemblement pour l'alternative progressiste, a political party in Quebec
- Regimental Aid Post
- Restricted Area Permit, permitting entry into certain areas of India
- Retirement annuity plan, a type of pension plan in the UK
- Rocket Assisted Projectile
- Route Access Protocol, a general protocol for distributing routing information at all levels of the Internet
- Rule against perpetuities, a legal doctrine from the common law of real property
- Right atrial pressure, a term describing the hydraulic pressure in a chamber of the heart
- The Recognition and Prevention Program, a research center and clinic at the Zucker Hillside Hospital in Glen Oaks, New York dedicated to the early detection and prevention of psychosis
- EMC Corporation's Resource Administration Platform: a flat-file database containing configuration details for all Legato NetWorker backup resources
- Remote Application Platform, software project to ease creation of rich Internet applications
- Random Access Point, a point in an encoded media stream, such as MPEG transport stream, that can be accessed directly, i.e., without decoding before and after the point.
- Rassemblement Africain pour le Progrès et la Solidarité Nationale, French for African Rally for Progress and National Solidarity, a former political party in Benin
- Rural Alliance Party, a defunct political party in the Solomon Islands
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title RAP.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.