Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- An Ethernet-based industrial networking protocol  developed in-house by LSIS guarantees real-time transmission and is registered as an international standard. (IEC 61158-3-21: 2010, IEC 61158-4-21: 2010, IEC 61158-5-21: 2010, IEC 61158-6-21: 2010, IEC 61784-2: 2010, IEC 62439-7)
- An embedded Ethernet switch with two ports enables the network expansion in a daisy chain without the need for an additional external switch, easy installation and wiring reduction.
- With 100Mbit/s/1Gbit/s transmission speed, electrical and optical media can be used together.
- Supports transmission modes such as Unicast, Multicast and Broadcast.
- Supports "Store & Forward”and “Cut Through” switching.
- 1 Acquired Standards
- 2 RAPIEnet Technology
- 3 System Diagram Using RAPIEnet
- 4 Others
- 5 References
- IEC 61158-3-21: 2010, Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 3-21: Data-link layer service definition - Type 21 elements.
- IEC 61158-4-21: 2010, Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 4-21: Data-link layer protocol specification - Type 21 elements.
- IEC 61158-5-21: 2010, Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 5-21: Application layer service definition - Type 21 elements.
- IEC 61158-6-21: 2010, Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 6-21: Application layer protocol specification - Type 21 elements.
- IEC 61784-2: 2010, Industrial communication networks - Profiles - Part 2: Additional fieldbus profiles for real-time networks based on ISO/IEC 8802-3.
- IEC 62439-7, Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 7: Ring-based Redundancy Protocol (RRP) 
Protocol Stack Structure
Embedded dual port switch motion
- An embedded hardware-based switch is adopted for real-time data transmission.
- With the full-duplex communication support, each node has dual link routes in a ring topology.
- RAPIEnet Ether type: 0x88FE
- With an embedded switch and full-duplex, it has dual link routes and communication fault tolerance, enabling fast recovery capabilities.
- - Recovery time < 10 ms
- Transmits signal from Device 1 to Device 3.
- A fault occurs between Device 2 and Device 3.
- Notify the fault from Device 2 to Device 1.
- Transmits signal back from Device 1 to Device 3.
Flexible Hybrid Structure
- Fiber Optics/Copper Media
- - Copper: Low installation costs with relatively big noise.
- - Optics: High installation costs with low noise and relatively long wiring.
- Simple and efficient wiring is available by combining the features of two wires that have advantages and disadvantages.
System Diagram Using RAPIEnet
Other international standards in process
- IEC 61784-5-17, Industrial communication networks - Profiles - Part 5-17: Installation of fieldbuses - Installation profiles for CPF 17 (to be registered as an IEC international standard in 2012)