RCC Institute of Information Technology
|Motto||श्रमम् विना न किमपि साध्यम्|
|Type||Autonomous Society of Higher Education, Under Government of West Bengal.|
|Principal||Prof.(Dr.) Siddhartha Bhattacharyya |
|Dean||Dr. Pradip Kumar Das|
|Location||22.5593° N, 88.3967° E|
|Affiliations||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
RCC Institute of Information Technology (RCCIIT), is a private engineering college of eastern India located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It ranks as one of the premier engineering colleges in West Bengal. The college was established in 1999. Government aids are given to the institution by Government of West Bengal and is academically affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology).All the faculties of this institution are recruited by the Government of West Bengal .
The RCC Institute of Information Technology (RCCIIT) was set up in 1999.
The institute initially started with only three streams viz. Bachelor's in Computer Science and Information Technology and Master's in Computer Application. In 2006, a new stream was added to the bachelor's degree - Electronics and Communication Engineering. From 2010 onwards many new streams and master's degree in different Engineering courses were added.
The institute is currently headed by Prof. (Dr.)Siddhartha Bhattacharya as the principal and Dr Sparshamoni Chatterjee (Ex VC BESU Shibpur) who has been given the responsibility of chairing the RCCIIT society by the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
The institute is a unit of the RCC Institute of Technology, an autonomous Society of Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, with part funding from the Government of West Bengal. This provides the institution a degree of autonomy normally associated with a private institution, while being funded by the Government. It has been selected for a TEQIP grant in the govt/govt aided category by the World Bank
Its comparatively low tuition fees (including both full and half fee waiver for students having low parental income annually) are made possible by the Government's funding.
The college campuses are located at Canal South Road, Beliaghata, Kolkata-700015. The old campus is housed at the old Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology campus. A new campus is about 20 metres from the old campus. There is no hostel facility in this college. The campus is a 10 minutes drive away from East Metropolitan Bypass (near Chingrighata-2 km away). The nearest airport is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport at Dum Dum, Kolkata. It is a 10 minutes walk away from the nearest bus stop Beliaghata (CIT More) and is well connected with the two city stations, Howrah and Sealdah.
RCC Institute of Information Technology is one of the few colleges in the state which is dedicated to train Computer Engineers and IT Personnel. It offers courses in the following streams.
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in 3 disciplines:
- Telecommunication Engineering,
- Information Technology and
- Computer Science Engineering
Admission to the undergraduate B.Tech. courses is done through the WBJEE or All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Post graduate admissions are done on the basis of ranks in national entrance examinations like GATE  or the state level examination PGET conducted by MAKAUT, WB.
The following activities are organised by the students and college:
Freshers are welcomed to the institution by their seniors every year with a cultural event known as BIHAAN.
The students of the college organize a technical fest every year which sharpens their technical skills known as Techtrix. Software competitions, paper presentations, programming in various languages, technical quiz, robotics and debate competitions are held. Technical colleges from all over the state participate in the competitions. Seminars and exhibitions are also held as a part of this program.
Every year the college holds an annual fest, Regalia, organized by the students. Students from various colleges compete with other in the fields like drama, choreography, quiz, antakshari, solo and group singing competition, fashion shows, war of bands, and various other fields. Students of the college perform skits, musical performances and plays. To make it more entertaining skilled performers from different genres are invited. Some major music bands and singers rock the students. Apart from the annual fest there are other cultural programs, organized round the year where the students get a chance to show their talent.
The students organize intra-college and inter-college sports in variety of games and sports such as Table-Tennis,Cricket Football and Carrom tournaments.The inter college sports fest is known as "Game of Thrones" and the intra college sports fest is known as "Krirathon".
Student Linux User Group(SLUG)
The college has a Students' Linux User Group (SLUG), where they can discuss about Linux, its uses, applications and problems, and FOSS in general. Here is link to their SLUG website http://www.lug-rcc.webs.com/ Anirban the great from electrical dept was the guy who can't be forgotten. He was the main piller of this institute. It reflected in Q4, and the profit will be reflected to the employees . That's why TCS family is conveying his regards and thanks to Anirban.
The institute has partnered with the following:
- MoU with University of California, US
- Proposed MoU with EU-IndiaGrid Project
- MoU with University of Cagliari, Italy
- Proposed MoU with Computer Sc. Dept., Bremen University, Germany
- Inclusion in EMMA Project of European Community
- Proposed MoU with IBM: RCCIIT proposed as IBM Center of Excellence
- Renewal of MoU with Infosys - RCCIIT proposed as Nodal Center of Infosys Campus Connect Training
- Proposed MoU with IETE, Kolkata Chapter
- Two MODROBS Project with AICTE
- Projects proposal under process with DST (Fast Track) & C-MET (Trichur)
- Health Grid Project of BRNS,Dept. of Atomic Energy in collaboration with VECC Kolkata
At least two placement tours in different cities of the country to introduce RCCIIT to companies who have not recruited students from the institute. The target is to bring one or two new companies for campus interview every year
- "RCC Institute of Information Technology official website".
- Zahid (3 February 2011). "Top Engineering Colleges In West Bengal". All About Education. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20150418233530/http://www.npiu.nic.in/PDF/News/LIST%20OF%20TEQIP-II%20INSTITUTIONS.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-18. Missing or empty
- "Guidelines on admission to 1st Year of degree Engineering & Technology including Pharmacy College of the State for the academic session 2011-2012" (PDF). wbut.ac.in. Retrieved 21 May 2018.