RCMP "E" Division
|RCMP "E" Division|
|Common name||The Mounties|
Heraldic badge of the RCMP
|Motto||Maintiens le droit
Defending the law 
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||Province of British Columbia, Canada|
|Headquarters||14200 Green Timbers Way, Surrey|
|Elected officers responsible|
|Agency executive||Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens, Commanding Officer, "E" Division|
|Helicopters||Two Eurocopter EC120 B: "Air 1" and "Air 2"|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
"E" Division is the division of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in the province of British Columbia, Canada's westernmost province. It is the largest police body in the province, providing federal and provincial services throughout the province and policing all but 12 municipalities. In some urban areas, some municipalities have their own police forces while neighbouring ones contract with E Division. For example, Richmond is patrolled by E Division while neighbouring Vancouver has its own police force; both organizations contribute members and resources to various regional initiatives. E Division is the largest RCMP division, with 127 local detachments.
Headquarted in Surrey, E Division is led by Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens, The Division has about 7100 sworn members along with some 1700 civilian members and public service employees. Of the sworn members, about 1000 are assigned to federal sections, 2600 to provincial policing units, and over 3000 members serve in municipal policing. The force is assisted by about 1,200 volunteer Auxiliary Constables.
In BC, the RCMP operates at all three levels: federal, provincial and municipal in all but 11 communities. In this structure, they have the ability to mobilize large numbers of police officers from within the province and across Canada in the case of a crisis, and access a wide range of specialized units to tackle local and cross jurisdictional crimes. Through the integration of a number of specialized police services across BC, they have established an effective means by which to deal with cross-jurisdictional crimes and provide specialized services.
The BC RCMP is the lead agency for numerous integrated police units such as the Integrated Homicide Investigations Team, the Integrated Border Enforcement Team, the Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team, and many others. These integrated teams are composed of police officers from the RCMP and municipal police departments such as Delta, Abbotsford and Vancouver. 
- Border Integrity Program - protect Canada's sovereignty at land and sea borders with CBSA
- Canadian Air Carrier Protection Program is a covert unit that works similar to US Air Marshals. The officers on this unit are known as Aircraft Protective Officers or, internationally, as In-Flight Security Officers.
- Drug Enforcement Branch - investigate and dismantle drug labs and drug trafficking
- Protective Services Section - protects government officials such as the Governor General, Prime Minister, Premiers and VIPs (e.g. foreign heads of state and heads of government)
- Air 1 and Air 2 (Lower Mainland Traffic Safety Helicopter Program) - Provide air support to police and monitor traffic movements
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) - Crisis support for people with mental health or emotionally disturbed crisis.
- Integrated Child Exploitation (ICE) - Responsible for identifying and assisting child victims of sexual abuse, monitoring and prosecuting child pornography distributor and viewers.
- Integrated First Nations Unit (IFNU) - Partnership with West Vancouver Police Department for enhanced policing services to reserves for the Squamish Nation and Tsleil-Waututh First Nation.
- Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) - Responsible for homicide investigations, police involved shootings and in-custody deaths at RCMP Lower Mainland detachment areas and in Abbotsford and New Westminster.
- Integrated Market Enforcement Team (IMET) - targeting commercial and capital market frauds
- Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (E-INSET) - investigate any crimes that threatens national security. Most recently active on the EnCana pipeline bombing cases 
- Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team (IMPACT) - Bait car program
- Integrated Proceeds of Crime (IPOC) - targeting and seizing terrorist-related assets
- Integrated Road Safety Unit (IRSU) - Partnering with municipal agencies for strategic traffic enforcement and harm reduction (i.e. impaired/distracted drivers, seatbelt and childseat compliance)
- Integrated Forensic Identification Services (IFIS) - collect, process, analyze and interpret evidence found at the crime scene for RCMP Lower Mainland detachments.
- Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit - a special task force created to help prevent criminal activity during the 2010 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Paralympics held in Vancouver, BC.
Like many large police organizations, E Division has had a number of high profile controversies. One of the most notable was the 2007 death of Robert Dziekański, who was tasered multiple times after being encountered by four E division officers despite being unarmed and being held alone in a secured room at Vancouver International Airport. Attracting international media attention, the investigation took a turn when a cellphone video, taken by a member of the public behind a glass wall and released weeks after the incident, contradicted portions of the reports given by the officers involved and also some RCMP spokespersons. In addition, several officers have been documented as engaging in misconducts in recent years. This has led to the federal government revamping disciplinary laws for RCMP members in 2012.
- Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia
- List of controversies involving the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- List of incidents of police excessive use of force in Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- New commissioner for RCMP must restore faith in the famed force
- Police Resources in British Columbia, 2012
- Biography of Deputy Commissioner Craig Callens
- Gazette magazine - The Canadian Air Carrier Protective Program
- RCMP in BC - Integrated Units
- More attacks on northern B.C. well sites
- B.C. - Introducing INSET-Vancouver
- RCMP using 'extraordinary measures' to silence critic
- Mountie involved in Dziekanski’s death quits force
- Brian Hutchinson: Welcome to B.C., dumping ground for bad Mounties
- 81 cases of misconduct by Mounties
- B.C. Mountie alleges years of sexual harassment
- RCMP to discipline 15 Olympic security officers
- Vic Toews pitches B.C. officials on new RCMP law