|Country of origin||Russia|
|Designer||KBKhA, Viktor Gorokhov|
|Manufacturer||Voronezh Mechanical Plant|
|Application||1st stage vernier engine|
|Propellant||LOX / RG-1|
|Thrust (vac.)||265.1 kilonewtons (59,600 lbf)|
|Thrust (SL)||230.5 kilonewtons (51,800 lbf)|
|Chamber pressure||6.6 megapascals (960 psi)|
|Isp (vac.)||298.4 seconds|
|Isp (SL)||259.4 seconds|
|Length||1,910 millimetres (75 in)|
|Diameter||2,675 millimetres (105.3 in)|
|Dry weight||850 kilograms (1,870 lb) (including the support ring)|
|Soyuz-2-1v first stage.|
The RD-0110R (GRAU Index 14D24) is a rocket engine burning liquid oxygen and kerosene in a gas generator combustion cycle. It has four nozzles that can gimbal up to 45 degrees in a single axis and is used as the vernier thruster on the Soyuz-2-1v first stage. It also has heat exchangers that heat oxygen and helium to pressurize the LOX and RG-1 tanks of the Soyuz-2.1v first stage, respectively. The oxygen is supplied from the same LOX tank in liquid form, while the helium is supplied from separate high pressure bottles (known as the T tank).
The engine's development started in 2010 and it is a heavily modified version of the RD-0110. The main areas of work were shortening the nozzles to optimize them for the atmospheric part of the flight (the RD-0110 is a vacuum optimized engine), propellant piping, heat exchangers and the gimballing system, which was developed by TsSKB Progress. The RD-0110R engine is produced at the Voronezh Mechanical Plant.
- Soyuz-2-1v - The first rocket to use the RD-0110R
- KBKhA - The RD-0110R designer bureau
- RSC Progress - The designer of the Soyuz-2.1v and the RD-0110R nozzle gimbal
- Voronezh Mechanical Plant - A space hardware manufacturer company that manufactures the RD-0110R
- "Steering engine RD0110R (14D24). Carrier rocket "Soyuz-2-1v"" (in Russian). KBKhA. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- Zak, Anatoly. "RD-0110R". russianspaceweb.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
|This rocketry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|