|Cooperative, Joint-stock company|
|Founded||1927 (current form 1972)|
|Alain Caparros, CEO
Heinz-Bert Zander, Chairman
|Products||Discount Stores, Grocery Stores, Convenience stores, Cash&Carry, Hypermarkets, Home improvement, Optical, Pharmacy, Clothing, Cosmetics and more|
|Revenue||€50.6 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
|329,418 + Severin (2013)|
The REWE Group is a German diversified retail and tourism co-operative group based in Cologne, Germany. The name REWE comes from Revisionsverband der Westkauf-Genossenschaften", meaning "Western Buying Co-operatives Auditing Association". The most important companies under the umbrella of the REWE Group operate under the REWE-Central AG and REWE-Zentralfinanz eG names. The basis of the co-operative trade group consists of a network of independent retailers. In the 2014 financial year, the REWE Group had a total external sales of €51.1 billion. The REWE Group is the second largest supermarket chain in Germany behind EDEKA.
- REWE - A supermarket chain in Germany with 3,300 stores.
- BILLA - A supermarket chain with more than 1,000 stores in Austria (is the market leader in the Austrian foodstuffs trade) and 400 stores in 8 other European countries.
- Penny - A discount supermarket chain with 3,000 stores in Germany, Austria, Italy, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
- XXL Mega Discount - A discount hypermarket chain in Romania.
- nahkauf - A convenience store operator in Germany.
- toom BauMarkt - A DIY/home improvement chain with 250 stores located in Germany.
- MERKUR - A supermarket chain with 100 stores in Austria.
- Standa - A supermarket chain with 158 stores in Italy (sold to Carrefour).
- BIPA - A health and beauty retail chain with 560 stores in Austria and 58 stores in Croatia.
- Kaufpark - A supermarket chain with 120 stores in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Furr's Grocery Stores - A supermarket chain in Texas and New Mexico, U.S., owned by REWE from 1979 to 1990.
DER Touristik is the tourism division of Rewe Group:
- Tour operator brands: ITS, Jahn Reisen, Tjaereborg, Dertour, Meier’s Weltreisen and ADAC Reisen  and clevertours.com
- Hotel brands: lti Hotels, Club Calimera and PrimaSol Hotels
In June 2015, it signed an agreement with Kuoni Travel that will pass on control over their European tour operations over to DER. The deal is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2015. 
Country ranking in 2006
|Country||No. of Stores||Sales (million euros)|
|Hungary||200 (2015)||M€667 (2015)|
|Bulgaria||110 (2016)||M€n/a (2016)|
- *Sales of retail activities
Cassis de Dijon
- ADAC Reisen - Specialist for mobile holidays
- Gretler, Corinne. "Kuoni Sells European Tour Operating Business to Rewe Group", Bloomber Business, 22 June 2015. Accessed 7 July 2015.