|Cooperative, Joint-stock company|
|Founded||1927 (current form 1972)|
Lionel Souque, CEO|
Heinz-Bert Zander, Chairman
|Products||Discount Stores, Grocery Stores, Convenience stores, Cash&Carry, Hypermarkets, Home improvement, Optical, Pharmacy, Clothing, Cosmetics and more|
|Revenue||€50.6 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
|329,418 + Severin (2013)|
The REWE Group is a German diversified retail and tourism co-operative group based in Cologne, Germany. The name REWE comes from Revisionsverband der Westkauf-Genossenschaften", meaning "Western Buying Co-operatives Auditing Association". The most important companies under the umbrella of the REWE Group operate under the REWE-Zentral AG and REWE-Zentralfinanz eG names. The basis of the co-operative trade group consists of a network of independent retailers. In the 2014 financial year, the REWE Group had total external sales of €51.1 billion. The REWE Group is the second largest supermarket chain in Germany behind EDEKA.
- REWE - A supermarket chain in Germany with 3,300 stores.
- BILLA - A supermarket chain with more than 1,000 stores in Austria (is the market leader in the Austrian foodstuffs trade) and 400 stores in 8 other European countries.
- Penny - A discount supermarket chain with 3,000 stores in Germany, Austria, Italy, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
- XXL Mega Discount - A discount hypermarket chain in Romania.
- nahkauf - A convenience store operator in Germany.
- toom BauMarkt - A DIY/home improvement chain with 250 stores located in Germany.
- MERKUR - A supermarket chain with 100 stores in Austria.
- Standa - A supermarket chain with 158 stores in Italy (sold to Carrefour).
- BIPA - A health and beauty retail chain with 560 stores in Austria and 58 stores in Croatia.
- Kaufpark - A supermarket chain with 120 stores in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Furr's Grocery Stores - A supermarket chain in Texas and New Mexico, U.S., owned by REWE from 1979 to 1990.
DER Touristik is the tourism division of Rewe Group:
- Tour operator brands: ITS, Jahn Reisen, Tjaereborg, Dertour, Meier’s Weltreisen and ADAC Reisen  and clevertours.com
- Hotel brands: lti Hotels, Club Calimera and PrimaSol Hotels
Country ranking in 2006
|Country||No. of Stores||Sales (million euros)|
|Czech Republic||245||844 M€|
- *Sales of retail activities
Cassis de Dijon
- ADAC Reisen - Specialist for mobile holidays
- Gretler, Corinne. "Kuoni Sells European Tour Operating Business to Rewe Group", Bloomberg Business, 22 June 2015. Accessed 7 July 2015.