|Place of origin||South Africa|
|Designer||BAE Systems Land Systems South Africa (formerly Land Systems OMC)|
|Variants||Standard, Full Armour|
|Length||4.97 m (16.31 ft)|
|Width||2.06 m (6.76 ft)|
|Height||2.05 m (6.73 ft)|
|Engine||Detroit Diesel or|
VM Motori or
The RG-32 Scout is a family of mine-resistant 4×4 light armoured vehicles made by BAE Systems Land Systems South Africa (formerly Land Systems OMC) in South Africa. It is based on the RG-31, which is already deployed worldwide with peace-keeping, security and combat forces. The combat weight of the vehicle is about 7,300 kg and it has the capacity to carry a crew of 5 to 7. The vehicle crew is protected against 5.56×45mm NATO ball ammunition, grenades, firebombs, anti-personnel mines and side blasts. The five-seat version also offers protection against anti-tank mines and side blasts. Up to two RG-32Ms can be transported in a C-130 cargo aircraft.
The latest development of this vehicle is the RG-32M Galten. The RG-32M has undergone "winterisation" modifications in Sweden; the RG-32M has been used in environments ranging from 49 °C (120 °F) in the desert of Africa and the Middle East as well as at −35 °C (-31 °F) in parts of Sweden.
More than 800 RG-32 vehicles are in service worldwide, including with:
- Egypt — 180
- Finland — 74
- Ireland — 17 RG Outrider
- Slovakia — Operated in limited numbers, potential replacement for ageing fleet of BRDM-2 currently in service.
- South Africa-400
- Sweden — 380
- United Nations
- United States Used by the Federal Bureau of Investigation SWAT Teams, and by various local police forces
- BAE OMC RG32 M16 TCI: Steyr-Motors.com
- "Crew capability details - Army Technology". Retrieved 5 November 2014.[unreliable source?]
- RG-32M Datasheet - BAE Systems
- South African defence company faces future with range of new or improved products
- "Finnish Army orders additional RG32M vehicles from BAE".[unreliable source?]
- Kominek, Jiri (17 May 2017). "Slovak government approves major procurement of wheeled AFVs". IHS Jane's 360. Prague, Czech Republic. Archived from the original on 18 May 2017. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Denel to deliver armored vehicles to Namibia". UPI. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- BAE OMC RG-32 Scout (Armoured Patrol Vehicle Alternative) at Canadian American Strategic Review