From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of deceased well-known Wikipedia editors, see Wikipedia:Deceased Wikipedians.
|Look up RIP in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
RIP or R.I.P. is an abbreviation of requiescat in pace or (in English) Rest in peace, often used in epitaphs.
It may also refer to:
- Repeat induced point-mutation, a process by which DNA in some fungi accumulates mutations
- Ribosome inactivating protein, a type of protein that controls ribosomes
- RNA immunoprecipitation, with an antibody
- Raster image processor
- Remote Imaging Protocol, for using graphics instead of text on a BBS
- Routing Information Protocol, in computer networks
- RIP register, a processor register for holding an instruction pointer in 64-bit x86 processors
- Relative Instruction-Pointer, an addressing mode peculiar to the x86-64 architecture
- RIP (band), a punk band from Basque Country (Spain)
- R.I.P. (Coroner album), a 1987 album by thrash metal band Coroner
- R.I.P. (Rocket from the Crypt album)
- R.I.P. (Murder City Devils album), a 2003 live album by Murder City Devils
- "R.I.P." (Young Jeezy song) a song by American rapper Young Jeezy featuring 2 Chainz
- "R.I.P." (Rita Ora song) by Rita Ora
- "R.I.P. (Rock in Peace)", a song on the album Backtracks
- "R.I.P.", a song by September from the 2007 album Dancing Shoes
- "R.I.P. (Rest in Pain)", a song by Sepultura from the 1987 album Schizophrenia
- R.I.P. cartridge (Round, Irritant, Personnel), or tear-gas cartridge, a specialist shotgun ammunition
- "R.I.P." (story), a 1998 short story by Poppy Z. Brite
- RiP!: A Remix Manifesto, a 2008 open-source documentary film
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, a UK act of Parliament
- Ranger Indoctrination Program, U.S. Army
- Restricted isometry property, in mathematics
- Reduced Ignition Propensity cigarettes, more commonly called fire safe cigarettes
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title RIP.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.