|Industry||Engineering, procurement and construction|
|INR 12.46 Billion (2014)|
|INR 2.64 Billion (2014)|
Number of employees
RITES Limited (Hindi: राइट्स लिमिटेड) (earlier known as Rail India Technical and Economic Service) is an engineering consultancy company, specializing in the field of transport infrastructure. Established in 1974 by the Government of India, the company's initial charter was to provide consultancy services in rail transport management to operators in India and abroad. RITES has since diversified into planning and consulting services for other infrastructure, including airports, ports, highways and urban planning. On-shore WDS6 Diesel Loco Leasing service has been introduced. It was awarded the status of MINIRATNA in 2002.
It has executed projects in over 62 countries on every major continent. As of 2011, it was executing projects in over 30 countries.
Major railway companies and projects that have had projects with Rites as a consultant include:
- SNTF, Algeria, consulting
- Luanda Railway (CFL), Angola, feasibility study for rehabilitation
- Bangladesh Railway, Bangladesh, consultation
- San Salvador Metro, El Salvador, planning
- Amman Metro, Jordan, planning
- Botswana Railways, Botswana, management support and consultation
- Cambodian Railways, Cambodia, rehabilitation
- Red Atlantic Railway Network, Colombia, equity partner, technical and managerial support
- Ghana Railway Corporation, Ghana, consultation
- Iran Railways, Iran, planning
- Iraqi Republic Railways, operation and maintenance of Baghdad - Al Qaim - Akashat section.
- Kenya Railways, Kenya, locomotive operation, restructuring, planning
- Central East African Railways, Malawi, management services.
- Beira Railroad Corporation (CFM Central), Mozambique, rehabilitation and management
- Nigerian Railways, Nigeria, complete management (3 years), revitalization, planning
- Sri Lanka Railways, Sri Lanka, consulting and management assistance
- Sudan Railways, Sudan, consulting
- Tanzania Railway Corporation, Tanzania, general management
- Uzbek Railways, Uzbekistan, Expert based consultancy for Elastic Fasteners and Accounting System project
- Zambian Railways, Zambia, improvement project
- National Railways of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe, investment plan
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation, As a lead partner to General Consultants.
- Bogibeel Bridge at Dibrugarh, as Design Consultants.
- Patna Metro, for preparing its DPR (Detailed Project Report).
- Gorakhpur Metro, for preparing its DPR (Detailed Project Report).
- Railways of Jamaica
- Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, As a partner in the consortium of General Consultants.
- Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA), Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
- National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL).
- Mumbai Metro Line 3 (Colaba - Bandra - Seepz metro)
- "Profile". RITES, Limited. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Financial Results, 2013-2014" (PDF). RITES, Limited. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-08-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Home Page". RITES, Limited. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "RITES: List of completed projects".
- IANS (11 June 2013). "Bihar nod to preparing DPR for Patna metro rail" – via Business Standard.
- "News18.com: CNN-News18 Breaking News India, Latest News, Current News Headlines". News18.
- "REVIVING JAMAICA'S DORMANT RAILWAY". Railways Africa. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- Detailed project report - Mumbai metro line 3 - Colaba-Bandra-Seepz (533 pages) (PDF). Mumbai: Mumbai metro raiul corporation limited / RITES (GOI). 1 November 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2018.