|Founded||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2008)|
|Founder||Jake Stein and Robert J. Moore|
Number of employees
|71 (September 2014)|
RJMetrics was a bootstrapped company until it received its first round of funding in 2012. The seed round was $1.2 million and came from Red Swan Ventures, Vision Ventures, SoftTech VC, Zelkova Ventures, Lerer Ventures, and SV Angel. In May 2013, RJMetrics received its Series A funding of $6.25 million from Trinity Ventures and SoftTech VC.
In September 2014, RJMetrics received its Series B funding of $16.5 million from SoftTech VC, Trinity Ventures, and August Capital. To-date, the Series B funding is one of the biggest rounds of funding received by a Philadelphia-based IT startup.
RJMetrics is a software as a service business intelligence platform. In July 2014 RJMetrics announced the v2 release of its product and rebranded as an analytics platform. The release included improvements to every major part of the software.
- Analytic Warehouse: Built on Amazon Redshift
- Transformation Cluster: Built on top of Hadoop
- Visualization Interface: Allows users to perform cohort analysis, calculate repeat event probability, and combine data from multiple sources
RJMetrics has received a significant amount of press for their data journalism. Notable coverage includes:
- The Wall Street Journal covering RJMetrics’ analysis of Crunchbase
- Fast Company covering RJMetrics’ analysis of Airbnb
- Forbes covering RJMetrics’ analysis of the ALS ice bucket challenge
- TechCrunch covering RJMetrics’ analysis of the Biz Stone's Jelly App
- "Big Data for Small Businesses". Inc. 2012-10-31.
- "CrunchBase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "RJMetrics bags $16.5 Million in Series B Funding". Dataconomy. 2014-09-16.
- "Self Finance or Raise Money? A Quandary for Start Ups". New York Times. 2013-06-19.
- "After Three years of Bootstrapping, RJMetrics Raises $1.2 Million from Fab's CEO and SoftTech". Business Insider. 2012-01-03.
- "RJMetrics Raises $6.5 Million from Trinity Ventures for Ecommerce Boom". TechCrunch. 2013-05-15.
- "Business Analytics Company RJMetrics Raises $16.5M Round Led By August Capital". TechCrunch. 2014-09-15.
- "RJMetrics Just Raised $16.5M". Technically Philly. 2014-09-15.
- "Startup Spotlight: RJMetrics Offers Analytics for Everyone". Enterprise Apps Today. 2014-05-23.
- "RJMetrics Releases Complete Analytics Platform for Online Businesses". Inside Big Data. 2014-07-16.
- "Study Examines the Clubby World of Venture Capital". The Wall Street Journal. 2013-07-12.
- "Airbnb By the Numbers: 85% of Users Inactive?". Fast Company. 2012-04-27.
- "Were the Ice Buckets Worth It? New and Deeper Analytics Say 'Yes'". Forbes. 2014-09-03.
- "Jelly Sees 100k Questions In First Week Says RJMetrics, Of Which 25% Received Answers". TechCrunch. 2014-01-14.
- "Where Are the Perverts?!". Tosh.0 Blog. 2010-03-18.