|Short name||RKC Waalwijk|
|Founded||August 26, 1940|
|2017–18||Eerste Divisie, 18th|
RKC Waalwijk (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌɛrkaːˈseː ˈʋaːlʋɛi̯k]) is a football club currently playing in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. Its name is derived from 'Rooms Katholieke Combinatie' ('Roman Catholic Combination' in Dutch) and was a fusion club of HEC, WVB and Hercules.
The club was formed on 26 August 1940 and used to play its home games at Sportpark Olympia. Its new stadium, the 7500 seater Mandemakers Stadion was opened in 1996 and featured the home match against Roda JC. While considered one of the Eredivisie's smaller clubs, it nevertheless maintained its top flight status for many years. Its home colors are yellow and blue.
At the end of the 2006–07 season, RKC Waalwijk were relegated from the Eredivisie after a defeat in play-offs against VVV-Venlo.
On 3 June 2009 they were promoted to the Eredivisie division after a win in the play-offs against De Graafschap. Though, their spell didn't last long ending in the last place with only 15 points. In the season followed they would finish first in the Eerste Divisie promoting back in the top flight of Dutch football.
After another relegation at the end of the 2013-14 season, RKC Waalwijk finished 20th (last) in the 2014-15 season of Eerste Divisie. However, they didn't relegate to Topklasse (amateurs) because both of the two Topklasse champions declined promotion into professionalism.
RKC in Europe
- Group = group game
- 1R = first round
- 2R = second round
- 3R = third round
- 1/8 = 1/8 final
|Group||West Germany||1. FC Kaiserslautern||1–1, 2–2|
|Group||Austria||First Vienna FC||3–4, 2–4|
|Group||East Germany||Carl Zeiss Jena||2–0, 1–0|
|Group||Denmark||Lyngby BK||1–1, 0–2|
|Group||Germany||FC Schalke 04||3–2, 4–2|
|2000||UEFA Intertoto Cup||3R||England||Bradford City||0–2, 0–1|
|2001||UEFA Intertoto Cup||3R||Germany||TSV 1860 München||1–2, 1–3|
- As of 31 July 2018
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Leen Looijen (1985–86)
- Leo van Veen (July 1, 1986 – June 30, 1988), (July 1, 1989 – June 30, 1993)
- Hans Verèl (July 1, 1993–Dec 18, 1993)
- Bert Jacobs (Dec 18, 1993–June 30, 1995)
- Leo van Veen (July 1, 1995 – June 30, 1996)
- Cees van Kooten (July 1, 1996–Oct 12, 1996)
- Bert Jacobs (Oct 12, 1996–June 30, 1997)
- Peter Boeve (July 1, 1997–Oct 26, 1998)
- Martin Jol (Oct 26, 1998–June 30, 2004)
- Erwin Koeman (July 1, 2004 – June 30, 2005)
- Adrie Koster (July 1, 2005–Nov 27, 2006)
- Mark Wotte (Nov 27, 2006–June 20, 2007)
- Željko Petrović (July 1, 2007 – June 30, 2008)
- Ruud Brood (July 1, 2008 – June 30, 2012)
- Erwin Koeman (July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2014)
- Martin Koopman (July 1, 2014 – February 11, 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RKC Waalwijk.|