Rockwood Municipal Airport
|Rockwood Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Rockwood|
|Elevation AMSL||1,664 ft / 507 m|
Rockwood Municipal Airport (IATA: RKW, ICAO: KRKW, FAA LID: RKW) is a public use airport in Morgan County and Cumberland County, Tennessee, United States. It is located three nautical miles (6 km) north of Rockwood, which owns the airport, and about 6 miles (9.7 km) west of the Harriman, both cities in Roane County. Situated on Walden Ridge near the southern end of the Cumberland Plateau, the airport is convenient to Interstate 40. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Rockwood Municipal Airport covers an area of 572 acres (231 ha) at an elevation of 1,664 feet (507 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending October 21, 2009, the airport had 15,500 aircraft operations, an average of 42 per day: 80% general aviation, 15% military, and 5% air taxi. At that time there were 10 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine and 10% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RKW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Map showing airport and county borders". MapQuest. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Airport page at City of Rockwood website
- Aerial image as of March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RKW, effective September 14, 2017
- Resources for this airport: