|Headquarters||Aldridge, United Kingdom|
|Products||Formwork, Falsework, Scaffolding, Groundshoring|
Number of employees
RMD Kwikform is a company based in Aldridge, England, that hires and sells temporary works and engineering design for building, construction and infrastructure projects.
The company was formed as "Mills Scaffold Company" in 1935 and became GKN Kwikform on acquisition by GKN in 1983. It expanded rapidly in formwork and scaffolding under GKN ownership in the end of the 1980s. RMD, the formwork and scaffolding unit of RM Douglas (which by then was a subsidiary of Interserve), merged with GKN Kwikform to form RMD Kwikform in June 2000.
Projects built using RMD Kwikform equipment included the New Tyne Tunnel, completed in February 2011. In 2015, RMD Kwikform launched its ground shoring range of products, extending its capabilities to ground works applications.
- "RMD Kwikform". Companies House. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "GKN Forms GKN Powered Access to complement traditional scaffolding activities of GKN Kwikform". 8 June 1990. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "History". Interserve. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "RMD/Kwikform merge". Construction News. 1 June 2000. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "The tale of the Tyne Tube". New Civil Engineer. 18 February 2010. Retrieved 16 December 2018.
- "Business: A company that's on to a shore thing". Ground Engineering. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2018.