CryptoData RNF MotoGP Team
RNF MotoE Team
25. Raul Fernandez
88. Miguel Oliveira
8. Mika Pérez
19. Andrea Mantovani
RNF Racing is a Malaysian independent Grand Prix motorcycle racing team that began competing in the 2022 season. The team competes with Aprilia motorcycles in the MotoGP class as a satellite team under the name CryptoData RNF MotoGP Team, and in MotoE under the name RNF MotoE Team.
The team's origins began with the Sepang Racing Team (SRT) under ownership by the Sepang International Circuit and managed by circuit CEO Razlan Razali and former racers Johan Stigefelt and Wilco Zeelenberg. During the 2021 season, the principal sponsor Petronas announced they would be removing their support for the team at the end of the season, and shortly thereafter SRT announced they would cease all racing activities at the end of the season. Control of the team and its assets were taken over by Razali and Stigefelt to create the rebranded RNF Racing team, with an agreement from Dorna Sports for a grid slot at least until the end of 2026. Razali confirmed the significance of the team name as coming from the initials of his family name as well as the names of his children (Razali, Nadia and Farouk). On 30 October, RNF announced that Stigefelt would split from the team under "mutual agreement".
The team continued in 2022 under a number of SRT's previous agreements, with Italian rider Andrea Dovizioso on a factory-specification Yamaha YZR-M1. Darryn Binder was promoted from the Moto3 Petronas Sprinta Racing team as the team's second rider, aboard a 2021-specification Yamaha machine.
On 27 May 2022, it was announced that the team would use Aprilia bikes starting with the 2023 season. In November 2022, it was announced that Romanian blockchain company CryptoData Tech had purchased a majority stake in the team which would be named CryptoData RNF MotoGP Team for 2023. Riders Miguel Oliveira and Raúl Fernández joined from the KTM stable.
|Year||Class||Team name||Bike||Riders||Races||Wins||Podiums||Poles||F. laps||Points||Pos.|
|2022||MotoGP||WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team||Yamaha YZR-M1||Andrea Dovizioso||14||0||0||0||0||15||21st|
|MotoE||WithU GRT RNF MotoE Team||Energica Ego Corsa||Niccolò Canepa||12||0||1||0||0||94.5||7th|
|2023||MotoGP||CryptoData RNF MotoGP Team||Aprilia RS-GP||Raúl Fernández||6||0||0||0||0||4*||26th*|
|MotoE||RNF MotoE Team||Ducati V21L||Andrea Mantovani||6||1||1||0||0||48*||7th*|
(key) (Races in bold indicate pole position; races in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2022||Yamaha YZR-M1||WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team||M||QAT||INA||ARG||AME||POR||SPA||FRA||ITA||CAT||GER||NED||GBR||AUT||RSM||ARA||JPN||THA||AUS||MAL||VAL|
|2023||Aprilia RS-GP||CryptoData RNF MotoGP Team||M||POR||ARG||AME||SPA||FRA||ITA||GER||NED||KAZ||GBR||AUT||CAT||RSM||IND||JPN||INA||AUS||THA||MAL||QAT||VAL|
- Duncan, Lewis (26 August 2021). "SRT quits MotoGP, announcement of new team due at Misano". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Sepang Racing Team to rebrand as RNF MotoGP Racing". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 17 September 2021. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- McLaren, Peter (17 September 2021). "Petronas SRT reborn as 'RNF MotoGP Racing' for 2022". Crash.net. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- Ishak, Fadhli (22 September 2021). "Co-owner Razlan reveals meaning behind RNF | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- Duncan, Lewis (30 October 2021). "RNF explains MotoGP management reshuffle for 2022". Autosport.com. Retrieved 2 November 2021.
- Duncan, Lewis (17 September 2021). "Sepang Racing Team to be rebranded as RNF Racing in MotoGP". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- Duncan, Lewis (21 October 2021). "Darryn Binder says Moto3 to MotoGP jump a "no-brainer"". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 2 November 2021.
- "WithU Yamaha RNF to become satellite team of Aprilia". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 27 May 2022. Retrieved 27 May 2022.
- "CryptoDATA becomes RNF MotoGP™ majority shareholder". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 8 November 2022. Retrieved 6 March 2023.
- @rnfracingteam (8 November 2022). "CryptoDATA Aprilia RNF MotoGP Team" (Tweet). Retrieved 14 November 2022 – via Twitter.
- "Aprilia RNF confirm Oliveira and Fernandez for 2023". www.motogp.com. Dorna Sports. 30 August 2022. Retrieved 6 March 2023.