ROKS Sokcho (PCC-778)
|Name:||Sochko (Korean: 속초)|
|Operator:||Republic of Korea Navy|
|Identification:||Pennant number PCC-778|
|Class and type:||Pohang-class corvette|
|Length:||88 m (288 ft 9 in)|
|Draft:||2.9 m (9 ft 6 in)|
|Range:||4,000 nautical miles (7,400 km)|
ROKS Sokcho (PCC-778) is a South Korean Pohang-class corvette of the Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN). It was in the vicinity at the time of the sinking of the ROKS Cheonan and is reported to have fired shots at a possible target that it identified at that time.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- Boeing RGM-84 Harpoon missiles
- Two Otobreda 76 mm/62 compact guns (OTO Melara)
- Two Breda 40 mm/70 guns
- Six 12.75 in (324 mm) Mark 46 torpedoes
- Twelve Mark 9 depth charges
- "Pohang (PCC Patrol Combat Corvette)". GlobalSecurity.org. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- "South Korean navy ship sinks near sea border with North". BBC. 26 March 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- Tania Branigan and Caroline Davies (26 March 2010). "South Korean naval ship sinks in disputed area after 'explosion'". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 March 2010.