RP Boo performing in Chicago in 2016
|Birth name||Kavain Wayne Space|
Kavain Wayne Space, known as RP Boo, is a Chicago-based electronic musician, producer and DJ known as one of the originators of the footwork genre during the 1990s. He released his debut album Legacy on Planet Mu in 2013.
Born in West Chicago, RP Boo started as a DJ and dancer working with the House-O-Matics juke and House crew, making mixtapes, and contributing to the Bud Billiken Parade. His early, self-released singles are cited as foundational to the evolution of the style of Footwork. He produces tracks using a Roland R-70 drum machine and an Akai S01 digital sampler.
- Legacy (2013)
- Fingers, Bank Pads, and Shoe Prints (2015)
- I'll Tell You What (2018)
EPs and singles
- Baby Come On (1997)
- 11-47-99 (The Godzilla Track) (1999)
- RP Technic (2014)
- Classics, Volume 1 (2015)
- The Ultimate (2016)
- Michelle Lhooq (14 May 2013). "RP Boo Is The Greatest Chicago Producer You've Never Heard Of". thump Vice.
-  Kate Hutchinson, 'RP Boo: Fingers, Bank Pads and Shoe Prints review – forward-looking footwork followup', The Guardian, 25 June 2015
- "ZIQ335". Planet Mu. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Friedlander, Emilie (22 September 2015). "Bang'n on King Drive: Footworking the Bud Billiken Parade with RP Boo, K-Phi-9, and The Era". thump. Vice. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Glasspiegel, Wills (11 May 2011). "Footwork: Chicago Dance Music With A Need For Speed". All Things Considered. NPR. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Quam, Dave (9 June 2010). "Like Fucking Mozart: An Interview with RP Boo". Retrieved 11 September 2017.