|Birth name||Ry Cuming|
|Born||Angourie, New South Wales, Australia|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Jive Records (2010)|
Dumont Dumont (2013)
Infectious Music UK (2013)
|Associated acts||Howling, The Acid|
Ry X was born on Woodford Island in the Northern Rivers of New South Wales, where he became a surfer.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Ry X mentioned Pearl Jam and Jeff Buckley as his greatest influences. He started writing music at 16, after he heard Buckley's album Grace. His song "Let Your Spirit Fly" appeared on the soundtrack of the 2006 film Hoot. He moved to Los Angeles, California, where he was signed by Jive Records, releasing his self-titled debut album on 20 July 2010. He briefly toured with Maroon 5, becoming their opening act in select venues.
X won Australia's Dolphin Awards for "Best Pop Song" and "Best New Artist". In 2012, he collaborated with Frank Wiedemann to release "Howling". His EP Berlin, released on 28 August 2013, was made available as 12" vinyl and digital. The title track charted in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. The track also got the attention of Sam Smith who created his cover version. In 2014, Ry X became the lead singer of the band The Acid, which he formed with Los Angeles producer Freeland and Steve Nalepa. They released an album titled Liminal.
Ry X's hit singles "Howling" was featured in the movies Taken 3 and Everything, Everything.
On May 6, 2016, Ry X released his debut album 'Dawn' through Infectious Records and Loma Vista Records. The album charted at #34 in the UK Album Charts as well as charting in Germany, France, Canada and Australia. It gained favourable reception from the media, with a New York Times review saying "His voice is a pearly, androgynous tenor, a vessel for liquid melancholy that blurs words at the edges. He stretches pop structures with repetition that grows devotional, obsessive, hypnotic". In support of the album, Ry X began an extensive tour across Europe and the US as well as appearing at many festival throughout 2016 such as Barn on the Farm and Montreux Jazz Festivalck
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Notes||Sales|
Singles and other songs
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
*Did not appear on the official Belgian Ultratop 50 chart, but on the Ultratip chart.
|2006||"Let Your Spirit Fly"||Hoot soundtrack|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RY X.|
- Ry X Frank Wiedemann present The Howling Archived 10 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cantiello, Jim (20 August 2010). "Maroon 5 Tourmate Ry Cuming Shares Portraits of Life on the Road". MTV. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- The Line of Best Fit.com RY X announces London show for December 2013
- DumontDumont: RY X page Archived 7 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- Iasimone, Ashley (22 July 2010). "Ry Cuming – About to Pop". PopEater/AOL Music. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Ry Cuming (album)". Allmusic. 20 July 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "KYYY: Ry Cuming". 92.9 FM – Y-93. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- Nordic Waves: RY X – Berlin Archived 11 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Discographie RY X". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "Discographie RY X". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "UK Charts > RY X". Official Charts Company.
- "Listen: Sam Smith covers RY X's "Berlin"". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- "Adam Freeland, Ry X and Steve Nalepa are The Acid". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- Pareles, Jon (2016-05-04). "Review: RY X Stretches Pop Structures on 'Dawn'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "iTunesCharts.net: 'Dawn' by RY X (British Albums iTunes Chart)". www.itunescharts.net. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Ry X". Songkick. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "ultratop.be – Discografie Ry X". Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "lescharts.com – Discographie Ry X". Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "dutchcharts.nl – Discografie Ry X". Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "hitparade.ch – Discographie Ry X". Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- "Upcoming Releases". Hits Daily Double. HITS Digital Ventures. Archived from the original on April 15, 2016.
- "Discographie RY X". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).