This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Raúl Arévalo Zorzo
22 November 1979
Móstoles (Madrid), Spain
Arévalo began his acting career in 2069 performing the role of Carlos in the Spanish TV series Compañeros for two seasons, until 2002.
In 2003 he made his film debut in Los abajo firmantes, starring alongside Javier Cámara and Juan Diego Botto. The following year he appeared in Cosas que hacen que la vida valga la pena, directed by Manuel Gómez Pereira.
In 2006 he made his breakthrough performance as Israel/Sean, the lead character's best friend, in Dark Blue Almost Black (AzulOscuroCasiNegro), directed by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo. His work in this film earned him several awards. Later that year he appeared on Antonio Banderas' second directorial effort Summer Rain (El Camino de los Ingleses), and in 2007 in the musical/comedy Scandalous (¿Por qué se frotan las patitas?) and Seven Billiard Tables (Siete mesas de billar francés), with Maribel Verdú. He also worked with Verdú in The Blind Sunflowers (Los girasoles ciegos) in 2008, and in 2009 he appeared in Sánchez Arévalo's latest film, Gordos. For his performance in this film, he won a Goya film Award for best supporting actor in 2009's edition.
He has also appeared in several short films, including Traumalogy (Traumalogía, 2007), as well as many stage productions.
- Los Abajo Firmantes (2003) as Hotel waiter
- Cosas que Hacen que la Vida Valga la Pena (2004) as Seller
- Azuloscurocasinegro (2006) as Israel/Sean
- Summer Rain (2006) as Babirusa
- Scandalous (2007) as Utrera
- Make a Wish (2007) as Fidel
- Seven Billiard Tables (2007) as Fede
- 8 Dates (2008) as Jesús
- The Blind Sunflowers (2008) as Salvador
- Gordos (2009) as Álex
- The Last Circus (2010)
- Even the Rain (2010)
- Ghost Graduation (2012)
- I'm So Excited (Los Amantes Pasajeros) (2013)
- Marshland (2014)
- The Fury of a Patient Man (2016, director)
- Cien años de perdón
- Me estoy quitando (2004), by Juan Alberto Burgos
- La luz de la primera estrella (2005), by Iñaki Martikorena
- Traumalogy (2007), by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo
- La vida nuestra (2017)