|Directed by||D. Yoganand|
|Produced by||A. C. Pillai|
|Starring||M. G. Ramachandran
M. G. Chakrapani
K. A. Thangavelu
M. N. Rajam
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
|Cinematography||P. L. Roy|
|Edited by||M. S. Mani
C. P. Jambulingam
|Distributed by||Saraswathy Pictures|
Prithvirajan (MGR) falls in love when he sees a portrait of princess Samyuktha (Padmini). To insult him, her father Jayachandran (MG Chakrapani) installs his statue at the entrance to the palace hall where the ‘swayamvara' (a ceremony to choose the bridegroom) by the princess is to take place. Getting wind of it, Prithvirajan rushes to the spot on a horse and carries away his sweetheart, while others present watch shocked and stunned.
- Producer: A. C. Pillai
- Production Company: Saraswathy Pictures
- Director: D. Yoganand
- Story: B. Sampath Kumar
- Screenplay & Dialogues: Kannadasan
- Art Direction: Kotkangaar
- Editing: M. S. Mani, C. P. Jambulingam, D. Durairajan & Vasu
- Choreography: B. Hiralal, Chinni & Sampath
- Cinematography: P. L. Roy
- Stunt: Shyam Sundar
- Songs Recording: T. S. Rangasamy
- Audiography: A. Krishnan
The story of Rani Samyuktha and Prithivirajan is a popular love story and had been filmed several times in Indian cinema. In 1942, it was made in Tamil titled Prithivirajan with P. U. Chinnappa and A. Sakunthala in the lead roles.
Rani Samyuktha, the 1962 edition of the same story, was produced by A. C. Pillai, who was a small-time bank clerk. There was a talk among MGR's close friends that a misunderstanding arose between him and the producer and that somewhat affected his performance in the film.
|1||Nilavenna Pesum Kuyilenna Paadum||T. M. Soundararajan & P. Suseela||02:46|
|2||Chitthiratthil Pennezhudhi Seerpadutthum||K. Jamuna Rani||03:13|
|3||Idazh Irandum Paadattum||T. M. Soundararajan & T. S. Bagavathi||03:14|
|4||Nenjirukkum Varaikkum Ninaivirukkum||P. Susheela||02:55|
|5||Oho Vennilaa O Vennilaa||T. M. Soundararajan & P. Suseela||03:08|
|6||Mannavar Kulam Paramma||P. Suseela||04:01|
|7||Mullaimalar Kaadu Engal Mananvan Ponnaadu||A. P. Komala||03:42|
|8||Paavai Unakku Seidhi Teriyumaa||P. Suseela||3:09|
The film ran for less than 80 days. Film historian Randor Guy wrote in 2015 that the film is remembered for "The melodious music of K.V. Mahadevan, the brilliant performance of Padmini in the title role and MGR as Prithviraj."
- "Raani Samyuktha Release". mgrroop. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- Guy, Randor (19 September 2015). "Rani Samyuktha (1962)". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 4 April 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Prithvirajan (1942)". hindu. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- G. Neelamegam. Thiraikalanjiyam — Part 2 (in Tamil). Manivasagar Publishers, Chennai 108 (Ph:044 25361039). First edition November 2016. p. 92 — 93.
- "Raani Samyuktha Records". srimgr. Retrieved 2014-12-05.