Raat Akeli Hai
|Raat Akeli Hai|
Netflix release poster
|Directed by||Honey Trehan|
|Produced by||Abhishek Chaubey|
|Written by||Smita Singh|
|Music by||Sneha Khanwalkar|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
Raat Akeli Hai (The Night Is Lonely) is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language crime drama film directed by Honey Trehan. Starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Radhika Apte, Shweta Tripathi, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Shivani Raghuvanshi, Nishant Dahiya, Gyanendra Tripathi, Ila Arun, Swanand Kirkire, Nitesh Kumar Tiwari and Aditya Srivastava, the film follows a small town cop who is summoned to investigate the death of a elderly family member. Produced by Abhishek Chaubey and Ronnie Screwvala, Raat Akeli Hai was released on Netflix on 31 July 2020.
The film follows a small town cop who is summoned to investigate the death of a politician which gets complicated by the victim's secretive family and his own conflicted heart.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Inspector Jatil Yadav
- Radhika Apte as Radha
- Shweta Tripathi as Karuna Singh
- Tigmanshu Dhulia as SSP Lalji Shukla
- Shivani Raghuvanshi as Vasudha Singh
- Aditya Srivastava as Munna Raja
- Nishant Dahiya as Vikram Singh
- Padmavati Rao as Pramila Singh
- Ila Arun as Sarita Kumari, Jatil's mother
- Swanand Kirkire as Ramesh Chauhan
- Shree Dhar Dubey as Narendra Singh/ Nandu
- Nitesh Kumar as Karan
- Khalid Tyabji as Raghuveer Singh
- Riya Shukla as Chunni
The film was shot mostly in Lucknow and Kanpur of Uttar Pradesh on real locations. In Kanpur the unit shot in Jajmau, Kotwali and Bithoor while in Lucknow it was shot in Qaiserbagh police station, bus stand and Malihabad. 
Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave four stars out of five & said, "The film does to the crime and punishment genre what Bulbbul did to the supernatural revenge fantasy - lifts it many notches above the ordinary." Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave three stars out of five & said, "A few of the bits and pieces in Netflix's Raat Akeli Hai feel a bit contrived, but not enough to take the enjoyment away from a film which has a terrific sense of time and place, and a crime in which everyone has stakes." Komal Nahta of Film Information said, "It's a well-made and well-enacted whodunit. However, the last about half an hour seems rather implausible and, therefore, is not as exciting as it should’ve been." Rohan Naahar of Hindustan Times said, "Raat Akeli Hai is quite the achievement. Trehan not only has a skill for directing actors, but also displays a command over tone and visual texture."
- "Raat Akeli Hai trailer: Nawazuddin Siddiqui ditches gangster garb for cop's khakee in Netflix's murder mystery". Hindustan Times. 17 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "Radhika Apte and Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer Raat Akeli Hai to release on Netflix". The Indian Express. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "'Raat Akeli Hai' Trailer: Nawazuddin on a Dangerous Mission". The Quint. 17 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "Netflix Boosts Indian Content With 8 New Films & Series". Deadline. 16 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Shubhendu (2020-07-28). "Raat Akeli Hai Netflix Webseries Release Date, Cast and Story". Bollywood News 23. Retrieved 2020-07-28.
- "Raat Akeli Hai Movie Review: Star Turns From Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Radhika Apte In Classic Whodunnit". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "Raat Akeli Hai review: Nawazuddin, Radhika film is sufficiently twisty". The Indian Express. 2020-08-01. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Information, Film. "'RAAT AKELI HAI' | 31 July, 2020 – Film Information". Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "Raat Akeli Hai movie review: Nawazuddin Siddiqui's knives are out in Netflix's nail-biting murder mystery". Hindustan Times. 2020-07-31. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
|This film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|