Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vikram Bhatt|
Girish Dhamija (dialogues)
|Edited by||Kuldip Mehan|
|Box office||est. ₹369 million|
Raaz Reboot is a 2016 Indian horror thriller film written and directed by Vikram Bhatt. It features Emraan Hashmi , Kriti Kharbanda and Gaurav Arora in the lead roles. The film is the fourth instalment in the horror film series, Raaz.
On January 1, 2016. Rehaan (Gaurav Arora) and Shaina (Kriti Kharbanda) return to Romania after a few years of their marriage. Apparently, they had lived there when they were unmarried. But when Rehaan got an offer as a Venture Capitalist for the East European Finance Company, Shaina was insistent that he take up the job. Rehaan was reluctant, since he had a secret to hide. On the very first day, while unpacking her luggage, Shaina experiences paranormal activities. Rehaan refuses to believe her. A month later, while on a business trip, Rehaan receives a frantic call from Shaina requesting for help. She is found holed up in a telephone booth in a rural area. Apparently, she had gone there to visit a clairvoyant. And hence, the narrative juggles back and forth as to what plagues them and what leads her to the clairvoyant. The local priest tries to perform an exorcism on Shaina but fails as the spirit knows the priest's past and uses it against him to send him away running. A blind Indian student, Trilok who is studying Psychometry in Romania then enters the scene and then, enters Aditya Shrivastava (Emraan Hashmi, Shaina's former boyfriend) to rescue his lady love from the evil spirit. Aditya has some strange premonition about all the events taking place in Shaina's life. He offers to help her to fight the spirit and free her from all the pain she is going through. Although, Shaina doesn't believe him at first, certain series of events make her believe that the spirit has something to do with her husband Rehaan. She finds out that he is keeping a certain secret which has now become the cause of the haunting. It is then is found out that Rehaan had killed Aditya and it's Aditya's ghost who wants to take revenge from Rehaan. The spirit of Aditya then takes complete possession of Shaina's body. To save Shaina from the evil spirit of Aditya, Trilok recites Gajendra moksh stotra, an enchantation believed to be more powerful than Lord Vishu's mantra. By reciting this mantra, Aditya's evil spirit will have to leave Shaina's body, but there's a condition, that the mantra was to be recited without a break. Though Aditya's spirit stops Trilok and Rehaan from completing the mantra, Rehaan saves Shaina from Aditya. The movie ends with Rehaan and Shaina sitting by the lakeside talking about how there was a lot of ice around their house when they had first arrived but now all of the ice had melted, symbolizing the increased closeness between the couple.
- Emraan Hashmi as Aditya Shrivastav (Evil Spirit)
- Kriti Kharbanda as Shaina Khanna
- Gaurav Arora as Rehaan Khanna (Viraj Adhav as the Hindi dubbing voice)
- Suzanna Mukherjee as Shreya
- Tara Sharma as a Gipsy woman / Malini
- Madhu Anand Chandhok as Rehaan's mother
- Vlad Udrescu as Mihai
- Ashwath Bhatt as Trilok Shastri
- Hargun Grover as Aman
- Mink Singh Nisha Comeo / Shaina Surgery
The film was shot in Romania in freezing temperature. Apart from Sinaia and other locations the shooting also took place in haunted forest Hoia-Baciu (also known as Hoia Forest), which is known for various mysterious stories and even UFO's sightings.
|Soundtrack album by Jeet Gannguli & Sangeet-Siddharth|
|Released||19 August 2016|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|Jeet Gannguli chronology|
The film's music is composed by Jeet Gannguli along with the duo Sangeet-Siddharth. The first single from the film, "Sound Of Raaz" was released on 5 July 2016 by T-Series on Youtube. The song, sung by Jubin Nautiyal is a tribute to the tradition of haunting melodies in old horror films. The whole album was released on August 19, 2016.
|1.||"Lo Maan Liya"||Kausar Munir||Jeet Gannguli||Arijit Singh||5:00|
|2.||"Raaz Aankhein Teri"||Rashmi Virag||Jeet Gannguli||Arijit Singh||4:51|
|3.||"O Meri Jaan"||Kausar Munir||Sangeet-Siddharth||K.K.||4:37|
|4.||"Yaad Hai Na"||Kausar Munir||Jeet Gannguli||Arijit Singh||4:07|
|5.||"Hummein Tummein Jo Tha"||Rashmi Virag||Jeet Gannguli||Palak Muchhal & Papon||2:58|
|6.||"Yaad Hai Na (Unplugged)"||Kausar Munir||Jeet Gannguli||Jubin Nautiyal||3:43|
|7.||"The Sound of Raaz"||Rashmi Virag||Jeet Gannguli||Jubin Nautiyal||1:37|
- "Emraan Hashmi is back to scare the wits out of you with 'Raaz Reboot'"
- "Raaz Reboot – Movie – Box Office India". Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Hungama, Bollywood (17 September 2016). "Box Office: Worldwide Collections and Day wise breakup of Raaz Reboot – Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/emraan-hashmi-to-play-the-lead-in-raaz-reboot/ "Emraan Hashmi to play the lead in 'Raaz Reboot'"
- "Motion poster of Emraan Hashmi starrer Raaz Reboot is out". 11 May 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "South actress Kriti Kharbanda in 'Raaz 4'". The Times of India.
- "Emraan Hashmi's dark Raaz Reboot motion poster"
- "Emraan Hashmi's 'Raaz 4' goes on floor!". Deccan Chronicle. 17 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Sound of Raaz — Raaz Reboot — Emraan Hashmi, Kriti Kharbanda, Gaurav Arora". 5 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "'Raaz Reboot' releases its spooky signature tune — Times of India". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "QuickE: Rahman's Soulful 'Mohenjo Daro' Number And Other Stories". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Jubin Nautiyal to record title track of Raaz 4". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Raaz Reboot song Sound of Raaz a tribute to Gumnam, Mahal, Wo Kaun Thi". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Raaz Reboot (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Jeet Gannguli & Sangeet-Siddharth Haldipur on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Movie Raaz Reboot Movie Review 2016, Story, Trailers - Times of India". Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "It's a clunker! – The Asian Age". Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raaz: Reboot.|