Rabbinical College of America
|Type||Chabad Lubavitch Chasidic Yeshiva|
|Location||Morristown, New Jersey, New Jersey, United States|
|Campus||Urban 82-acre (330,000 m2)|
|Affiliations||Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools|
The Rabbinical College of America is a large Chabad Lubavitch Chasidic yeshiva. The Yeshiva is located in Morristown, New Jersey, and has trained thousands of Rabbinic students. It is supported by Jewish philanthropists such as David T. Chase, and Ronald Lauder of Estée Lauder Inc.
The Yeshiva was founded by, and is under the direction of, Rabbi Moshe Herson. The growth of the Yeshiva college has had a significant cultural effect on the community, and has influenced many Jewish families to move into the area to be near the Yeshiva and the surrounding synagogues.
Licensed by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education, the Yeshiva grants a four-year Bachelor's Degree in Religious Studies accredited by the Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools.
- Yeshiva Tomchei Temimim – The international network of Chabad Yeshivas, intended for college-aged men (18–22). Hundreds of its graduates obtained ordination at advanced Rabbinical schools, and serve as Rabbis of Chabad House and community institutions around the world.
- Yeshiva Tiferes Bachurim – One of the first programs worldwide for Ba'alei Teshuva founded in the summer of 1973 by Rabbi Avraham Lipskier, who served as its first Mashpia (and who subsequently founded Yeshiva Tiferes Menachem in Seagate, NY). This program is accredited by the state of New Jersey to grant a Bachelor's Degree in Religious Studies.
- There was an ordination program instituted in 1978 with seven students under the supervision of Rabbis Dovid Wichnin, the first Rosh Yeshiva (Headmaster), and Boruch Yorkovitch. The examination committee consisted of Rabbi Sholom Ber Gordon from New Jersey, and Rabbis Avraham Osdoba and Bogomilsky from New York. However, it was phased out in 1979 due to low enrollment. The remaining four students (Rabbis Simcha Frankel, Tzvi Freeman, Shlomo Sawilowsky, Menachem Schmidt) continued their advanced ordination studies after graduation elsewhere. Many other graduates of Tiferes Bachurim subsequently received ordination at other rabbinical institutions. Examples are Rabbis Dovid Rothschild, author of a two volume series in English pertaining to the Lubavitcher Rebbe's holyday essays; and Herschel Finman, who has hosted a radio show (WLQV 1500 am and WPON 1460 am) since 1995. In 2009, the ordination program was reinstituted under the supervision of Rabbi Ya'akov Wagner.
- Notable graduates include Dr. Dovid Lazerson, author of Skullcaps n' Switchblades, and Shimon Waronker.
- Kollel Tiferes Avreichim for married students, under the supervision of Rabbi Chaim Brafman.
- Cheder Lubavitch, an Orthodox day school for boys and girls, whose principal is Rabbi Aaron Wilschanski.
- Yeshiva Summer Program, is a summer program for 13- to 14-year-old boys that runs every summer. It includes half a day of learning and half a day of activities, and many trips. It is run by Rabbi Menachem Goldberg.
- Rabbinical Schools / Theological Seminaries in New Jersey, accessed December 6, 2006
- Bachelor's Degree in Religious Studies, accessed December 6, 2006
- New Jersey Colleges and Universities Archived December 23, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., accessed December 6, 2006
- "Rabbinical Ordination Program | Lubavitch of New Jersey Regional Hdqts". Rca.edu. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Yeshiva Tiferes Menachem – Torah Study for Men". Tiferes.org. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Tiferes Bachurim". Theworldsgreatestyeshiva.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "MFF Features". Mff.org. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Bringing heaven down to earth: 365 ... – Tzvi Freeman, Menaḥem Mendel Schneersohn – Google Books. Google Books. May 18, 2007. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Men, Women & Kabala: A Handbook from ... – Tzvi Freeman – Google Books. Google Books. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- The Book of Purpose: Meditations My ... – Tzvi Freeman – Google Books. Google Books. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Orthodox Jewish Philadelphia Directory". Philly-direct.com. August 23, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Thompson, Andrew. "Too Cool for Shul :: Cover Story :: Article :: Philadelphia City Paper". Citypaper.net. Archived from the original on September 16, 2009. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Holiday Maamarim 2 Vol Set :: Kehotonline". Store.kehotonline.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Radio Show". Rabbi Finman. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Rabbi Herschel Finman – Askmoses Resident Scholar – Judaism Jewish History Expert". Askmoses.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Welcome to Dr Laz's Web Site". Drlaz.com. May 9, 2003. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Skullcaps 'n' Switchblades: Survival ... – David B Lazerson – Google Books. Google Books. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Shimon Waronker, former RCA student". Rca.edu. February 8, 2008. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Kollel Tiferes Avreichim | Lubavitch of New Jersey Regional Hdqts". Rca.edu. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Worldwide Synchronized Lecture". Archived from the original on October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Cheder Lubavitch | Lubavitch of New Jersey Regional Hdqts". Rca.edu. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "New Exploration of Jewish Civil Law Scheduled". Retrieved Oct 8, 2014.
- Rabbinical College of America website
- Website of the Yeshiva's Ba'al Teshuva program
- Bachelor's Degree in Religious Studies at RCA