Rabī’ al-Thānī (Arabic: ربيع الثاني, also transliterated Rabīʿ al-Ṯānī, IPA: [raˈbiːʕ æθˈθæːniː]) is the fourth month in the Islamic calendar. It is also known as Rabī` al-Ākhir (ربيع الآخر, also transliterated Rabīʿ al-ʾĀḫir/rabīʻ al-āḵir, IPA: [raˈbiːʕ ˈʔæːxɪr]).
The Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, and months begin when the first crescent of a new moon is sighted. Since the Islamic lunar calendar year is 11 to 12 days shorter than the tropical year, Rabī' al-Thānī migrates throughout the seasons. The estimated start and end dates for Rabī' al-Thānī are as follows (based on the Umm al-Qura calendar of Saudi Arabia):
|AH||First day (CE / AD)||Last day (CE / AD)|
|1431||17 March 2010||14 April 2010|
|1432||6 March 2011||4 April 2011|
|1433||23 February 2012||23 March 2012|
|1434||11 February 2013||12 March 2013|
|1435||1 February 2014||1 March 2014|
|1436||21 January 2015||19 February 2015|
|1437||11 January 2016||9 February 2016|
|Rabī' al-Thānī dates between 2010 and 2016|
- 08 or 10 Rabī' al-Thānī, birth of Twelver Imam, Hasan al-Askari
- 10 or 12 Rabī’ al-Thānī, death of Fātimah bint Mūsā
- 11 of Rabī’ al-Thānī, death of Abdul-Qadir Gilani, the Sufi sheikh who is believed to be the "saint of saints"
- 15 of Rabi' al-Thani, death of Habib Abu Bakr al-Haddad
- 27 of Rabi' al-Thani, death of Mujadid Alf Thani (Shaykh Ahmed Sirhindi)
- 28 or 29 of Rabī’ al-Thānī, death of ibn Arabi, the great philosopher from Spain who died and rests in Damascus, Syria.
- Umm al-Qura calendar of Saudi Arabia
- "Sheikh Muhyiddin Ibn Al-Arabi (RA) - URS 22 Rabi al-Thani". LoveMeditation-Naqshbandi | Maida Vale Naqshbandi Rabbani Group | Islamic History | Sufi Events | Sufi Saints History. 29 January 2016.