September 5, 1974
|Known for||hosting the longest-ever television talk show and Sidha Kura Janta Sanga|
Rabi Lamichhane (रवि लामिछाने) is a Nepalese television presenter who set the world record for hosting the longest-ever television talk show broadcast in News24 Television in April 2013. He is one of the most popular TV journalists working in Nepal. Regardless of having a US educational degree and best job prospects over there, his deep patriotism to his motherland Nepal has brought him back to his country with a big passion to serve her in his own little way. In Nepal, he hosts a hugely popular television show, Sidha Kura Janta Sangha, which addresses the root causes of different problems inside the country. His personality, the substance of the show and his style of presenting has made him the most popular journalist in Nepal. His popularity has spread to nook and corner of Nepal and he has a huge fan following. He is best known for his detective style journalism and raising direct questions to Nepal's bureaucracy regarding the problems of their offices in various sectors. Besides, he also works for eradicating various corruptions that have engulfed Nepal and has been detrimental to peace and prosperity of the Nepalese people. A big-hearted person who understands feelings of the deprived society of Nepal, Lamichane provides psychological and emotional strength to them and supports them to raise issues of unfairness and injustice and fight for a just system of government.He is a renowned journalist helping Nepalese from many sector substituting the work to be done by many governors too .
Rabi Lamichhane stayed on the air for more than 62 hours during a live broadcast by News24 Television. To set the world record for the longest talk show, he interviewed politicians, journalists, and celebrities on the theme "Buddha was born in Nepal", and took phone calls from viewers. The previous record was set by two Ukrainian presenters who stayed on the air for 52 hours in 2011.
Currently, he hosts a show called (Sidha Kura Janta Sanga) a.k.a. Straight Talk With People in News 24 television and is so fruitful in solving problems related to the social issues and daily life. His show Sida Kura Janta Sanga is one of the most popular and effective talk shows in Nepal. Recently, it reached its 300th episode.
- "Rabi Lamichhane speaks about his US Passport and current nationality".
- "Rabi Lamichhane Holds American Citizenship Which Has Created Chaos Among His Fans".
- "Rabi Lamichhane to be arrested, deported for being an American citizen to host Nepalese television".
- "Rabi Lamichhane Biography". BioFamous.
- "Nepali hosts longest-ever talk show". BBC News. 13 April 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Nepalese presenter sets record for longest talk show - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". ABC. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Lamichhane sets talk show world record". Ekantipur.com. The Kathmandu Post. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Timro aagamanle By Ram Krishna Dhakal". Music Nepal. YouTube. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Sidha Kura Janata Sanga – Your verdict matters!". sidhakurajanatasanga.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- News24 Nepal (15th November 2018), [/www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmITsrd6tDc&t=0s SUCCESSFUL 300 EPISODE OF SIDHA KURA JANATA SANGA | FULL EPISODE !] Check
|url=value (help) Check date values in:
- Richard Hall (14 April 2013). "Nepalese man sets record for longest broadcast with 62-hour television marathon". The Independent. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
|This Nepalese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|