Rabiatou Sérah Diallo
Rabiatou Serah Diallo (born 31 December 1949, Mamou, Guinea) is a Guinean trade unionist. She is the secretary-general of the National Confederation of Guinean Workers (Confédération Nationale des Travailleurs de Guinée, CNTG).
Diallo took a secretarial course at the Ecole des Cadres Techniques in Conakry from 1964 to 1966. She worked as a government administrative assistant during the regime of Ahmed Sékou Touré from 1966 to 1979. After completing special legal training at the Institut Polytechnique Gamal Abdel Nasser de Conkry (1975-1978), she became successively "an intern at the Justice Ministry (1979-1980), court clerk at the Regional Tribunal of Conakry I (1980-1984), deputy presiding judge at the Children's Court (1984-1985), a magistrate at the Justice Ministry's Labor Tribunal (1997), and the officer in charge of women's rights at the Ministry of Women's and Children's Affairs (1997)."
Her work as a labor unionist began early. In 1966, "she was elected to the labor unit of the Presidency of the Republic". Diallo was the secretary-general of the District Workers Committee in Conakry from 1981 to 1984, a member of the Executive Committee of the Confédération Nationale des Travailleurs de Guinée (CNTG), and secretary-general of the CNTG, first elected in 2000. From February 2010 to January 2014, she was the president of the National Transitional Council. She has received numerous honors and prizes.
In May 2006, Diallo returned to Guinea after a long absence. Kanfy Camara, who closely resembled her, was murdered shortly afterwards, an event which was viewed by the ICFTU as a botched attempt to kill Diallo.
- "Biography of Hadja Rabiatou Serah Diallo, President of the Economic and Social Council of Guinea". cesguinee.com. Economic and Social Council of the Republic of Guinea.
- Camara, Mohamed Saliou; O'Toole, Thomas; Baker, Janice E. (2013-11-07). Historical Dictionary of Guinea. Scarecrow Press. pp. 114–115. ISBN 9780810879690.
- "RFI - Rabiatou Serah Diallo - Invité Afrique". Rfi.fr. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Guinéenews© - Dernières nouvelles de la Guinée". Guineenews.org. Archived from the original on 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Steady, F. (19 December 2011). Women and Leadership in West Africa: Mothering the Nation and Humanizing the State. Springer. pp. 93–. ISBN 9781137010391.
- "ICFTU OnLine - June 12, 2006(3) - 21st Century Labor Union - IAMAW". Goiam.org. 2006-08-25. Archived from the original on 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2012-03-05.