This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Picture of Rabih Kayrouz by Jean-Baptiste Mondino
|Labels||Maison Rabih Kayrouz|
In 1995, after training for several months in the workshops of design houses Dior and Chanel, Kayrouz returned to Beirut where he developed a reputation for designing evening gowns and wedding dresses.
In 2008, Kayrouz returned to Paris to open his own design house at 38, Boulevard Raspail. The location was previously "Le Petit Theatre de Babylone" where Beckett's play Waiting for Godot was performed for the first time . Since 2009, Kayrouz has been a guest designer for the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, with his seasonal collections included in the bi-annual Paris haute-couture fashion shows. In 2011, Kayrouz was selected by the prominent French ELLE Magazine as one of the "Emerging New Talents". In 2012 he abandoned the appellation "couture" to focus on ready-to-wear. In the same year, he created a capsule collection for La Redoute (French mail order brand).
Kayrouz's design signature has been described as pragmatic, but daring in its use of haute-couture style codes. He has been praised for his use of style "know-how" in creating ready-to-wear collections which complement the urban lifestyle.
- "Mode: Jeune créateur designer". ELLE France. Créateurs, découvrez la nouvelle géneration. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Maison Rabih Kayrouz". L'Eclaireur. Tous droits réservés : L'Eclaireur. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Amanda Calvo (18 January 2012). "Interview: Rabih Kayrouz" (Interview). Time Out Beirut. Time Out Group Ltd. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Olivia Alabaster (4 May 2012). "Rabih Kayrouz designs charm Beirut and Paris". The Daily Star. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "The Designer". The Maison Rabih Kayrouz. The Maison Rabih Kayrouz. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Kaelen Wilson-Goldie (11 July 2009). "Rabih Kayrouz: storming Paris" (Article). The National. Adu Dhabi Media. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Biography". maisonrabihkayrouz.com. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Créateurs, découvrez la nouvelle géneration". ELLE France. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Paris Preview: In With the New". WWD. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Créateurs Maison Rabih Kayrouz". La Redoute. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Lindsay Mayer. "In a Nutshell: Rabih Kayrouz" (Article). Fier Management. Fier Management. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- JESSICA MICHAULT (8 March 2012). "Doing What 'Came Naturally'". Fashion & Style, The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Maison Rabih Kayrouz". Beirut.com. Beirut.com. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "What is Starch". Starch. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Official website
- (French) Making of Maison Rabih Kayrouz for La Redoute
- (French) Kayrouz,Le luxe pour initiés
- (English) News Report Maison Rabih Kayrouz
- (French) Heureux comme Rabih à Paris
- (English) Lebanese Designer Interview: Rabih Kayrouz
- (English) Maison Rabih Kayrouz[dead link]
- (English) Apparel design – Rabih Kayrouz