|Established||8 May 1962|
|Chancellor||Governor of West Bengal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Subhro Kamal Mukherjee|
22.198 acres (0.08983 km2)
Rabindra Bharati University is a public research university in Kolkata, India. It was founded on May 8, 1962, under the Rabindra Bharati Act of the Government of West Bengal in 1961, to mark the birth centenary of the poet Rabindranath Tagore. It is located at the Tagore family home, Jorasanko Thakur Bari. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Performing Arts and Visual Arts under the Faculty of Fine Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and other subjects under the Faculty of Arts.
The current Vice-Chancellor of the university is Professor Sabyasachi Basu Ray Chaudhury, a noted social scientist and political commentator.
- I am not a political person: New Rabindra Bharati University interim VC Kamal Mukherjee https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/i-am-not-a-political-person-new-rabindra-bharati-university-interim-vc-kamal-mukherjee/articleshow/101573698.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
- "NIRF 2020" (PDF). Rabindra Bharati University.
- "About University". Rabindra Bharati University. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- Prospectus (PDF), Kolkata: Rabindra Bharati University, p. 2, retrieved 2 June 2018
- "The Planning Board". Rabindra Bharati University. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "Rabindra Bharti Museum (Jorasanko Thakurbari)". Archived from the original on 23 April 2012.