Race to the Center of the Earth
|Race to the Center of the Earth|
|Created by||Elise Doganieri|
Bertram van Munster
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||National Geographic|
Race to the Center of the Earth is an upcoming American reality television show that is expected to premiere on June 1, 2020. The show consists of four teams of three adventurers racing to "the center of the earth." The four teams will start in different corners of the earth and all race along designated routes to a buoy in the middle of the ocean, designating the center of the earth. There will be no eliminations, but the first team to reach the buoy wins, and they get to split the million-dollar prize that goes along with it.
Geoff Daniels, executive VP of unscripted entertainment for National Geographic Networks, stated, "Unlike other competition formats, Race to the Center of the Earth will combine the grittiness of a survival show with the cinematic style of a feature film action-thriller dropping viewers into the middle of a heart-pounding journey unlike anything ever made for television."
|Individual name||Team name||Relationship||Starting place||Challenges||Result|
|Title||Locations visited||Original air date ||U.S. viewers|
|1||1||"TBA"||Canada, South America, Russia, Southeast Asia||June 1, 2020||TBD|
On May 14, 2019, National Geographic Networks order for the creation of a new show, titled Race to the Center of the Earth, which involved four teams of three competing from different locations in the world and racing to a singular buoy in the mid-Atlantic Ocean. Casting for the series began in June 2019, and filming started and ended in October, taking only two and a half weeks to finish. On January 17, 2020, at the TV Critics Association press tour, it was announced that the four teams would be competing from different corners of the Earth, one starting in Canada, one in South America, one in southeast Asia, and one in Siberia in eastern Russia. During the interviewing at the press tour, co-creator Elise Doganieri explained that the routes for each team were meticulously planned and tested to be equal and fair. The first season is expected to premiere on June 1, 2020.
- Dehnart, Andy. "Race to the Center of the Earth: a new worldwide race from the creators of Amazing Race, which has become dull". Reality Blurred. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Shows A-Z - Race to the Center of the Earth". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- Gordon, Diane (January 17, 2020). "Nat Geo's 'Race To The Center Of The Earth' Promises Survival Show-Meets-Action Film – TCA". deadline.com. Deadline. Retrieved January 19, 2020.
- Dehnart, Andy. "Race to the Center of the Earth is now casting teams of three". Reality Blurred. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Littleton, Cynthia. "Nat Geo Orders 'Race to the Center of the Earth' From 'Amazing Race' Producers". Variety. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Race to the Center of the Earth Episode List". IMDb. Retrieved 25 August 2019.
- Pena, Jessica. "Race to the Center of the Earth: Casting Begins for Nat Geo Competition Series". TV Series Finale. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- Piester, Lauren (January 17, 2020). "Nat Geo's Race to the Center of the Earth Sounds Like the Most Extreme Reality Show Ever". eonline.com. E News. Retrieved January 19, 2020.