Races of Stone
Cover of Races of Stone
|Author||Jesse Decker, Michelle Lyons, and David Noonan|
|Publisher||Wizards of the Coast|
|LC Class||GV1469.62.D84 D836 2000|
Races of Stone was written by David Noonan, Jesse Decker, and Michelle Lyons, and published in August 2004. Cover art was by Adam Rex, with interior art by Thomas Baxa, Steve Belledin, Wayne England, Jeremy Jarvis, Doug Kovacs, Chuck Lukacs, Dennis Crabapple-McClain, Jim Nelson, Wiliam O'Connor, Scott Roller, Ron Spencer, Joel Thomas, Franz Vohwinkel, and Brad Williams.
David Noonan explains the origins of the concept for the goliath race: "It all started with a piece of concept art that looks very similar to the Races of Stone cover. My job was to write the chapter for "the big guy." It's one of the most satisfying design assignments I've received."
Reprints and revisions
MetaReview's MetaRating for the book is 6.8.
Awards and nominations
Races of Stone was nominated for the 2005 Chesley Awards award for Best Gaming-Related Illustration for William O'Connor's artwork, "Training a Dire Badger", although it lost to the artwork of the Magic: The Gathering card Blazing Archon.
- Races of Stone at the RPGnet RPG game index. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.
- Slavicsek, Bill; Baker, Richard; Mohan, Kim (2005). Dungeons & Dragons For Dummies. For Dummies. p. 370. ISBN 0-7645-8459-6.
- Web Enhancement: Races of Stone at Wizards. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.
- Ryan, Michael (August 6, 2004). "Product Spotlight: Races of Stone". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Dungeons & Dragons Races Gift Set at the RPGnet RPG game index. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.
- Races of Stone Review at the d20 magazine rack. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.
- Races of Stone (Dungeons & Dragons) Reviews at metareview. Retrieved on December 3, 2008.
- List of 2005 Chesley Award nominees, accessible from The Chesely Awards. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.
- 2005 Chesley Award winners. Retrieved on December 2, 2008.