Rạch Miễu Bridge
|Rạch Miễu Bridge
Cầu Rạch Miễu
The bridge during construction
|Carries||2 lanes (1 each way)|
|Locale||Tiền Giang & Bến Tre, Vietnam|
|Maintained by||Tổng công ty Tư vấn thiết kế GTVT (TEDI)|
|Total length||2,868 metres (9,409 ft), 8,331 meters (27,333 ft) include approaches|
|Width||12 metres (39 ft)|
|Height||117 metres (384 ft)|
|Longest span||270 metres (890 ft)|
|Clearance below||37.5 metres (123 ft)|
|Construction start||30 April 2002|
|Opened||19 January 2009|
Rạch Miễu Bridge (Vietnamese: Cầu Rạch Miễu) is a cable-stayed bridge in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. The bridge connects Tiền Giang Province (Mỹ Tho) with Bến Tre Province, over the Mekong. The construction began on 30 April 2002 and achieved completion on 19 January 2008, also its inaugural date. Total length is 8331 m, including approach ramps, the main bridge is 2868 m.
Under the original schedule, this bridge should have been completed and opened for traffic in late 2007.
- Length: 8331 m including approach ramps. The main bridge consists of two separate parts No. 1 and No. 2 for a total length of 2868 m, which is a cable-stayed structure layout 117m-270m-117m pace, not static navigational clearance height 37.5 m. In the middle of the bridge is island Thoi Son. The 990-metre-long (3,250 ft) bridge consists of two spans up to 90 m in length to inform the way the boat is 7-metre-high (23 ft) reinforced concrete beams pre-stressed construction the balanced cantilever method. The span girder bridge that leads pre-stressed concrete reinforced each span 40 metres in length. The ramp has a total length of two 5,463 metres and two main bridges with total length of 2,868 metres crosses two tributaries of Tien Giang and Thoi Son.
- 7:30 am 20 August, Ministry of Transport and two provinces of Ben Tre and Tien Giang held a connection with two cable-stayed span of the Rạch Miễu bridge. connect Tiền Giang & Bến Tre Provinces.
- Length of main span is 270 m and clearance is 37.5 m allow ships for 10,000 tons can go through.
- Bridge width: 12–15 m wide for two lanes of traffic
- General construction contractors: a joint venture CIENCO1 - CIENCO5 - CIENCO6
- Bridge load: 30 tons
- Total investment: VND 1,400 billion (US$84 million)
Although newly completed, Rạch Miễu bridge has some traffic problems, especially on holidays. Lunar New Year of the Ox in 2009, it was stuck in rush hours from 29th to 6th of Lunar calendar, one of the causes of traffic congestion is due to happen for the traffic on the narrow bridge, while being some vendors do where encroachment trafficking, in addition to those people who visit and take pictures on demand.
|This article about a location in Tiền Giang Province, Vietnam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a specific bridge or group of bridges in Vietnam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|