Rachel, West Virginia
|Rachel, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
Location in Marion County and the state of West Virginia.
|• Total||0.346 sq mi (0.90 km2)|
|• Land||0.342 sq mi (0.89 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||720/sq mi (280/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||304 & 681|
|GNIS feature ID||1555431|
Rachel is a census-designated place (CDP) in Marion County, West Virginia, United States. Rachel is located along Buffalo Creek, 2 miles (3.2 km) east-southeast of Mannington. Rachel has a post office with ZIP code 26587. As of the 2010 census, its population was 248.
The community was named after Rachel Jones, the daughter of a mine official.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rachel, West Virginia
- West Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1997. p. 25. ISBN 0-89933-246-3.
- ZIP Code Lookup
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 516.
|This article about a location in Marion County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|