Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Rachel, Rachêl, or Rahel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rachel is the second wife of Jacob in the Old Testament.
Rachel may also refer to:
- Rachel (given name), a female name (including a list of people and characters with the name)
- Rachel, wife of Rabbi Akiva, a 1st-century CE resident of Judea who is mentioned in the Talmud and Aggadah
Media and entertainment
- Rachel (film) (2009), a 2009 documentary about the death of Rachel Corrie
- Rachel, Rachel (1968), a 1968 film starring Joanne Woodward and directed by Paul Newman
- Rachel (play), 1916 play by Angelina Weld Grimké
- Rachel (Animorphs), a character from the Animorphs book series by K. A. Applegate
- Rachel (story), a short story by Erskine Caldwell, included in We Are the Living (1933)
- My Cousin Rachel (1951), a novel by Daphne du Maurier
- Rachel, in the novel Moby-Dick (Chapter 128) a whaling vessel that solicits Captain Ahab's aid in finding the lost son of the Rachel's captain; Ahab refuses. In the last lines, the Rachel rescues Ishmael.
Other media and entertainment
- Rachel Green (e), a fictional character on Friends
- Rachel, the lead soprano role in the 1835 opera La Juive
Places in the United States
- Rachel (Gerber), an outdoor bronze sculpture of a piggy bank, Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Rachel (sandwich), a type of sandwich
- Rachel (sculpture), a 1540s sculpture by Michelangelo
- Rachel Alexandra (foaled 2006), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Rachel haircut, a haircut based on the Friends character Rachel Green
- SS Rachel or SS Empire Cabot, a cargo ship
- RACHEL, Software for Raspberry Pi computer (Remote Area Community Hotspot for Education and Learning)
- Student Initiative Rahel, a former initiative in Germany for funding an educational project in Ethiopia
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rachel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.