This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rachel Cohn (born December 14, 1968) is an American young adult fiction (YA) writer. Her first book, Gingerbread, was published in 2002. Since then she has gone on to write many other successful YA and younger children's books, and has collaborated on five books with the author David Levithan.
Cohn was born in Silver Spring, Maryland, grew up near DC, and attended Barnard College in Manhattan at the age of 17. She graduated with a B.A. in political science, thinking she wanted to be a journalist.
Instead of becoming a journalist, Cohn moved to San Francisco - where Gingerbread was set - to work at a law firm and began writing. After moving back to New York City, Gingerbread was published followed by a number of other books, often about a strong, witty female protagonist.
Rachel Cohn is now a full-time author living in New York City with her two cats, named Bunk and Mcnulty.
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist was made into a 2008 film of the same name, directed by Peter Sollett and starred Michael Cera and Kat Dennings as Nick and Norah. Rachel and David can be seen in the background in the scene at Veselka restaurant. Rachel had the idea for Nick & Norah while walking around Central Park, and contacted David because she needed "a guy writer." About the book being made into a film, Cohn has said: "Just having a movie made of the book was unbelievable in itself. Then to see the cameras in New York City in all those streets we'd written about, it makes you feel very powerful."
Publishers Weekly announced a four-book deal between Disney-Hyperion and Rachel Cohn. The first book, "Beta" was released in late 2012. The focus of the series will be more plot-driven than her previous books, as it is sci-fi/fantasy based. ISFDB catalogs it as "young-adult sf".
- Gingerbread (2002)
- The Steps (2003)
- Pop Princess (2004)
- Shrimp (2005) - the follow-up to Gingerbread
- Two Steps Forward (2006) - the follow-up to The Steps
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist with David Levithan (2007)
- Cupcake (2007) - the last book about Cyd Charisse
- Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List with David Levithan (2007)
- You Know Where to Find Me (2008)
- Very LeFreak (2010)
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares with David Levithan (2010)
- Beta (Hyperion Books for Children, 2012)
- The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily (Egmont, 2016)
- Emergent (Hyperion, 2014) – sequel to Beta
- Sam & Ilsa's Last Hurrah with David Levithan (2018)
- Rachel Cohn at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database. Retrieved 2014-10-13. Select a title to see its linked publication history and general information. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
- Frequently Asked Questions / Writing Advice : Rachel Cohn
- The Real Couple Behind The 'Infinite Playlist': NPR
- Yugo girl! Cohn leaves city streets for cyberia - Books - Entertainment
- Disney-Hyperion Signs Rachel Cohn Series
- Amazon.com: Rachel Cohn: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle