Rachel Lindsay (television personality)
Rachel Lynn Lindsay
April 21, 1985
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Partner(s)||Bryan Abasolo (2017 – present)|
|Parent(s)||Sam A. Lindsay|
Rachel Lynn Lindsay (born April 21, 1985) is an attorney, and American television personality, who is best known for her role as a contestant on the twenty-first season of ABC's The Bachelor and as the lead on the thirteenth season of The Bachelorette. She was the first African American Bachelorette in the franchise's history.
Early life and education
Lindsay obtained her Bachelor's Degree from The University of Texas at Austin where she studied kinesiology and sports management and received her law degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Prior to appearing on The Bachelor Lindsay was working at Cooper & Scully, P.C. and had previously worked as a legislative intern for Texas State Senator Royce West and had interned with the Milwaukee Bucks. Lindsay is engaged to Bryan Abasolo, who won Season 13 of The Bachelorette. She has also contributed to various ESPN programs including SportsCenter.
Lindsay was a contestant on Nick Viall's season of The Bachelor. She received the first impression rose on night one. She placed third overall, losing to runner-up Raven Gates and winner Vanessa Grimaldi.
Lindsay was announced as the Bachelorette on February 13, 2017, while she was still in contention for Nick Viall's final rose. For Lindsay's season ABC had cast the most diverse cast in Bachelor franchise history. In the end, Lindsay chose Miami native Bryan Abasolo, a doctor of chiropractic. The engaged couple lives in Dallas, Texas.
The Bachelor Winter Games
- "ABC Casts First Black 'Bachelorette,' Rachel Lindsay, a Texas Lawyer". New York Times. February 14, 2017.
- "Who's Rachel Lindsay's Mom Kathy? The Bachelorette's Mother Isn't Afraid To Ask The Tough Questions". Bustle. July 24, 2017.
- "Who is 'Bachelorette' star Rachel Lindsay?". Fox News. May 22, 2017.
- "Who Are Rachel Lindsay's Sisters? The Bachelorette Has A Loving Support System At Home". Bustle. July 24, 2017.
- "8 Things To Know About The New Bachelorette, Rachel Lindsay". Cosmopolitan. February 13, 2017.
- "Rachel Lindsay". American Broadcasting Company.
- "Rachel L. Lindsay Associate. On the season finale of The Bachelorette, she g".
- "Rachel Got Nick's First Impression Rose On 'The Bachelor,' & She's An Early Frontrunner". Bustle. January 2, 2017.
- "The Bachelor's Nick Viall Sends a Heartbroken Rachel Home — After Telling Her He Was '100 Percent' Falling for Her". People Magazine. March 6, 2017.
- "Here's Why ABC Announced Rachel Lindsay as Bachelorette Before Bachelor Nick Viall's Season Ended". Us Weekly. February 16, 2017.
- "'The Bachelorette' Unveils Its Most Diverse Cast Yet". Huffington Post. May 17, 2017.
- Rohwedder, Kristie (November 10, 2017). "'The Bachelorette's Rachel & Bryan Live Together Now, Showing Just How Serious They Are". Bustle. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Bachelorette Recap: A Drink Smashing, Cake Smushing, Ball Busting Good Time". Cosmopolitan. June 5, 2018.
- "Rachel Lindsay Questions Ex Dean Unglert's Maturity on Bachelor Winter Games". People. February 20, 2018.
| The Bachelorette